Chapter 14- The Text

Penny couldn't remember when exactly she'd made up with Amy, but one thing she knew, it was that mutual hatred was more powerful  than love.

'Sheldon didn't call?' Penny raised an eyebrow.

Amy wiped away a stray tear and sniffed. 'He doesn't want me anymore. Anyway, I'm used to it. Guys either dump me because the time I stated in my contract is up or they've found someone more attractive. '

'Aw. Aims. Well,don't tell me you didn't have fun last night. ' Penny smiled.

'Well it isn't my conventional idea of fun, such as researching on the latest cure for Ebola or challenging Shelly to a...' Amy looked ready to burst again. 'But, I guess it wasn't bad.'

'There you go.' Penny rubbed her back in small circles, plastering a forced smile on her face. 'We'll be heading back tomorrow, so don't worry. '

Suddenly, Single Ladies by Beyonce blasted from Penny's iPhone speakers. She quickly picked it up, rolled her eyes, and hit declined.

An incoming text announced it's arrival soon after though. Penny was burning with curiousity but decided her pride was more important.

'I'll help you look. What if it's the insurance company? ' Amy reasoned weakly. As she opened and scrolled through the message, her face blanched.

'What is it?' Penny frowned,feeling slightly concerned now.

Shaking, Amy held out the phone to her friend.

Penny felt her head spin and grow dizzier as the world around her caved in.

A/n: this is really short, but I just feel like setting up the mood and tension xP around 2-3 chps to go, maybe. Comment and vote! x