Chapter 18- The Facade

'Bernadette?'

Howard's lips curled into a sly smile as what transcended less than an hour ago replayed in his mind.

'Howard, what's the meaning of these?' Bernadette demanded over the phone.
'What?'Howard was distracted as he was helping the guys set up the surprise for their baes.
'Check your email.' she answered in a frosty tone.
Howard did and his face colored. 'Bernadette, there's something I have to tell you about Mikayla. '
'Yeah? Are you going to tell me only after she has given birth to Baby Wolowitz?'
'You've got it wrong. I overheard a conversation she had with her boyfriend based in Mexico. Apparently, she's a con artist so she isn't knocked up. Yes, that night happened but it was a genuine mistake. Bernadette, you know that I can't resist temptation but I will always love you.'
Bernadette knew it was her boyfriend's way of expressing a sincere apology. 'Oh Howard... '
'Now I know why she has been treating you this way, my poor baby, ' his voice was chock full of guilt. 'Listen, this isn't the first time she's done this. and I have a sweet plan to get back at her.'
'Oh? Howie...'
'Trust me, nobody messes with my girl and gets away with it.' Howard couldn't help but feel pride as the cliched phrase rolled off his tongue smoothly.

'So Mikayla, you might want to be a little smarter before you demand things from him,' Bernadette said fiercely, contrary to her usually demure nature. 'And I've got what you said all recorded so don't even think about it.' she waved her phone.

'You sneaky little bitch. '' Mikayla sneered,slowly backing out of the door. 'I don't even know what you see in this unfashionable stupid nerd boyfriend of yours. Have fun staying with each other.' she finally said weakly, then stormed out as the couple exchanged muffled giggles and silent I love you's.

A/n: my chp was actually longer( and better in my opinion) but the whole thing got deleted so... ):
Now that all's we'll with B and H, what about Sheldon? Will he be wrapped around Professor Meriel's pinky and rekindle the unrequited romance btwn them? And how'd things end up with Penny and Leonard?

....comment and vote!!x