Chapter 7- The Secret(s)

Howard had woken up drowsily from his afternoon nap. He checked his phone: a missed call from Penny and a text from...Mikayla?

Hi Howard, to apologise for my rudeness towards you and Lisa, I've decided to have dinner with you to make amends. Meet me at my room 34C by 5pm... we'll watch a movie and then get room service. (;

-Mikayla

Howard's thumb hovered over his phone's keypad. He expected to feel triumphant at Mikayla 's apology but he felt a little... guilty? He shrugged off the weird feeling and replied her.

Ok.

There. Short, direct and vague. That should keep her curious. And wanting more. Woah. Where did that come from? A small voice scolded him to remember Bernadette. Cmon, I'm supposed to have fun, he chided and ignored it.

Forgetting about the missed call from Penny, he got up and changed into his trademark turtleneck and left a quick note to Raj.

Speaking of Raj, he thought as he left the room, I haven't seen him all day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raj was having the time of his life.

Other than having to drink alcohol 24/7 to keep his selective mutism from recurring around Aimee,  he was quite sure that both of them would go far. She was also a very down to earth scriptwriter who aspired to be a director one day.(being an actress was just a one-shot thing. ) And she was from India. His parents had to approve.

'You're amazing, Raj. And you have many tales to tell. I can't wait.to visit Pasedena someday. ' she touched his arm.

He felt heat flare in his cheeks and he masked it with a chuckle.  'And meet my crazy friends? No way.'

'Why not?' Aimee sighed. 'I'm not young anymore. And I really could settle down with a boy... like you. '

Raj tried to keep calm. 'I'm very flattered. May I ask...how old are you exactly? '

'Not far from you, i believe.' She smiled. 'I just celebrated my 31st birthday. '

Raj spat out his martini. 'I'm sorry... '

'Is it such a coincidence? ' she grinned.

I'm only 24 for goodness' sake. He knew he had to get away pronto. 'Uhh... Aimee, I have to go. I'm supposed to meet my buddies now.'

'Perfect, I can come along. ' she fluttered her eyelashes. Now that he thought of it...she sure wears a ton of makeup...

'It's like a bros thing actually. ' he said as apologetically as he could.

'Oh. Ok then. At least I have your number,' she cooed.

'Listen Aimee... I'm actually attached. ' Raj blurted out thoughtlessly. Oh no. I didn't just...

'You are? ' Aimee narrowed her eyes.  'Stringing me all along huh?'

'I'm sorry, I was just looking for a... quick distraction. You're not my cup of tea.' Raj shrugged casually, drawing strength from his glass of wine.

'Fine. ' Aimee's lips were pulled down in a scowl. 'You just wait. I won't take this lying down. '

With that she left the restaurant, but Raj only felt relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Penny almost forgot about Bernadette's secret. She was having the time of her life, meeting celebrities as she casually strolled down the beach holding Leonard's warm hand.
Her phone rang out, breaking the calm silence that washed over the beach.
'Hello?'
'Hi, Bernadette. How are you doing? ' Penny felt a little worried.
'I can hold my own. May I talk to Howard?  He hasen't been picking up my calls, ' Bernadette fretted.
'Uhh... he's out with Sheldon.' She lied.
'Oh. I'll call Amy then. Tha- '
'Noo -uhm I mean- don't call Amy ,' Penny felt alarmed. "Something's wrong with her phone so she can't receive incoming calls. Listen, I'll call Howard right now and get back to you." she quicky hung up and dialed Howard's number.
Pick up, Pick up! If only you knew...

"Hey, Penny. Sorry, I just remembered that you called me." Howard apologised.

"Call Bernadette. NOW. " she demanded.

"OK, calm down will ya," Howard said playfully.

"Gosh, Howard, how can you be so.. flippant about everything?" she flared up. "Do you know what state she's in now? She doesn't even dare to tell you because you're so self-absorbed and disloyal!"

Beside her, Leonard shot her a funny look and went off to buy ice-cream.

"What?" Even Howard was shocked by her outburst.

"Just... stop fooling around."

"Are you okay?" Howard asked. Penny knew too well about his habit. Though he may look for other girls, he was still as faithful as ever to Bernadette.

"Well, Bernadette isn't. You want to know why? She has a tiny little life growing inside her, your mind is only filled with sex and women." Penny spat out.

Howard couldn't believe his ears. "Excuse me?" I'm pretty sure she used protection!

"You heard me. Goodbye, Howard. You don't deserve her." Penny hung up fuming.  

Time to call up Amy. Even though that's the last thing I want to do.

A/N: What will Aimee do to Raj? Will Howard come to his senses? And is Amy successfully steering Sheldon away from all the other gorgeous women of Hollywood?

Comment and vote!