2: Confusing

Fandom: Eddsworld
(Jon x Eduardo)

It all started with that stupid little talent show. Eduardo was still angry and hurt because of losing the art contest earlier in the day, and sat glaring at the ground planning his revenge and barely paying attention to the bland "acts" the other children were putting on. A poorly done magic show, terrible jokes, some mediocre songs sang or played on screechy recorders. He hated it all and wished he'd signed up for the show earlier so he could show all of these losers what real talent is. 
A kid walked onto the stage with his instrument case, shaking like a leaf. Eduardo couldn't remember the kid's name, but remembered seeing him spacing out during class a lot. 
Then the music started. All the nervousness left as he was clearly absorbed in the beautiful song. Eduardo was completely in awe, staring at the smaller boy the entire time. After the music ended he leaned over to where mark was sitting beside him, looking longingly at the bookbag his teacher made him leave at his feet. 
"Hey mark" he whispered "who is that kid with the violin?" 
"I think the teacher called him Jim? Or Jon?" Mark replied. "Why?"
"...No reason." Eduardo was glad the room was dark and hid his light blush. 

That was when the crush started, he was completely head over heels for Jon.

[Years later, in highschool]

"Ugh, I hate him. He's so stupid and annoying" Eduardo muttered to Mark. "Today in class he fell asleep like an idiot, what kind of loser even does that?"

"What kind of loser stares at their sleeping classmate through class?" Mark replied, not even looking up from his book. 

"I- I wasn't staring!" 

"Yeah, and you definitely weren't doodling him either, were you? I've seen your sketchbook dumbass. It's full of him." Mark said teasingly, smirking at him.  "We've been friends for years, you aren't gonna fool me with that fake hate stuff"

Eduardo let out a groan and flopped down on his back, covering his face with his hands. "Mark I don't know what to do anymore… It would be so much easier if I just hated him…"

Mark set his book and scooted closer to his friend. "You're hopeless Eddie. Tell you what, you stop being an idiot and talk to him, and I'll help you get your man."

"...okay, but if he hates me I'm burning your books."