16: Excuses

Fandom: Eddsworld (Red Prince AU)

"so, what did he say?" Tord asked the second Paul walked through the door.

"He… well... he's busy. Again." Paul replied. 

Tord sighed and slumped in his chair, pouting like a child. "What is it gonna take to make him eat with us, we aren't gonna eat him."

"Well i think he's still scared of you. You are supposed to be a vicious, cold blooded leader, remember?" Paul took a long draw from his cigarette, blowing a small bit of smoke in Tord's direction. "You could easily have him killed, or removed from the army. You already threatened to kill him once."

Tord frowned, glaring at Paul and his crooked cigarette. "Well what can i do to earn his trust? I haven't killed him yet, have i? I'm completely trustworthy!"

Paul chuckled and rolled his eyes. "You've tricked and backstabbed dozens of people. Just give him time, try and be gentle with him. He'll warm up to you." 

Tord pouted again. "I am being gentle!"

Paul simply laughed as he left the room, turning and calling back just before he was out the door. "I can see if Pat'll go talk with him, he's good with the skittish ones."

"...that would be nice." Tord muttered, glaring at his desk. "Just make him come eat with me, i can't get to know him if he runs away any time i look at him."