18: Love

Fandom: (Original Story)
(Same characters as Introduction)
(Derek is a Love Spirit, so i wrote about him)

Humans are dangerous. 

That's what Casper always said. 

He would only let them visit towns long enough to feed, and then they would move on. Derek wasn't supposed to talk to talk to anyone, go anywhere without Casper, or act suspiciously… it was hard, especially for a curious 12 year old. He wanted to explore, to play! He wanted to meet someone other than the mean sprites and fae that would pull his tail and ears. (Casper would always chase them away anyway, so he couldn't make friends with them if he wanted to)
They traveled with packs of other Spirits sometimes, but Casper couldn't be around them for long. So Derek grew up mostly alone, and he longed for a friend…

Derek yawned from his place on Caspian's shoulders, tangling his fingers in casper's wavy hair. He was going on and on about safety again, like he did every time they stopped at a town, but Derek was more interested in the clouds and a little butterfly that fluttered by. 
"Can i look at the shops while we're there? Please caspy?" Derek interrupted.
"Dere, you know how i feel about the busy marketplace…"
"But caspeeeer" Derek whined, pulling his brother's hair. "I'm grown up enough, i can be safe! And you never let me look!"
Casper sighed. "Okay… you can have a half hour, but that's it! And you need to promise to stay low and be careful, don't talk to anyone and don't go near any suspicious people!"
Derek let out a cheer, leaning back so far he almost fell off, laughing and grinning the whole time.