18.

Watching Castle while eating chocolate ice cream could be one of the best things in the world. I loved how involved I would get in cases, but the only thing that was stopping me from truly enjoying this heavenly moment was Betty and her dumb questions. I tried to ignore it but it would only make it worse by making her cranky and more annoying. As we were watching Castle yelling at his daughter my phone buzzed and I drew my attention towards the text I received.

Michael: Hii i'm in Sydney! You would know because of Calum or Luke or even Ashton. We're here for a short break before we tour America. Let's meet up? :) x

I sighed. It had been 2 months of our phone call and obviously, he understood nothing of it. He did not understand that I did not want him around because later he made up his mind to just be friends. Which sucked even more. I sighed again and threw my phone at the other end of the bed, looking annoyed.

"He just never gives up, does he?" Betty asked.

I gave her a sad smile, "How did you know it was him?"

"The only person who can annoy you while watching Castle after me would only be Michael?" she joked.

"True that," I said flatly.

"What's he saying?" she asked.

"He's asking to meet," I answered.

"Why don't you just meet him then?" she asked further, "you guys decided to be friends, right?"

"Friends.." I laughed, "More like, him always trying to talk to me while I give him short replies and then stop replying because I accidentally fell asleep,"

"You're hurting," she said.

"Of course I am!" I replied, "I don't like this! Why can't he just leave me alone?!"

"Do you want him to leave you alone?" she asked.

"I don't know," I covered my face with both my hands and started crying, "This sucks!"

"Em," Betty moved forward to hug me so we were cuddling, "It's okay.."

"It's not okay," I cried harder, "he just breaks everything we had and goes away for three fucking months, and then he expects me to take him back or be friends with him! It's not okay!"

"I really think you should give him a chance -" She started to say when I looked at up her in disbelief.

"chance? I've given him so many chances!"

"You've given him just one chance, the time where he didn't trust you," she replied coolly.

"So? Look where it got me!" 

"He was confused," she replied, "See, me and Ashton had a huge fight too, and Ashton was confused too. It was a huge thing for them, you can't ignore that."

"But Ashton did not break up with you," I muttered.

"But he came back to you," she said.

"Only because we made up the Raj thing,"

"Nope," she shook her head, "I think just seeing you triggered him,"

"Stop thinking, it was only because he thought I'm moving on,"

"I won't stop thinking and I really think he used the Raj thing as an excuse to talk to you,"

"Well, too bad! I don't need him," I snapped.

"You do," she replied thoughtfully, "you're crying because you know you're hurting him,"

I felt aggravated. I hate her so much because she always figures out my feelings and why I'm feeling a certain way. Obviously, hurting Michael was the last thing I wanted. It was not even on my list of things I wanted. It just sucked. I knew he hurt me a lot but, if I had acted calmly during the time we were on the edge of breaking up, it would have turned another way. Maybe he did want a small break, or.. maybe he would just break my heart even more brutally. I didn't know and I was frustrated. So frustrated of being confused.

"You should meet him," Betty said as if she was reading my mind, "you both need a closure,"

"What about all the girls he slept with?" I asked.

"Just to keep you out of his mind," She replied, "Ashton told me, you know? He's sick. Michael is sick. Sick of missing you, sick of getting drunk just to end up missing you more,"

"Maybe I should sleep with other boys to keep my mind off Michael," I scowled.

"It didn't help him, did he?" Betty smirked, "Like, he ended up texting you and wanting you," she paused for a second and then said, "Also, you don't really want to get aids,"

I laughed, "I hate him,"

"I know you do,"

"I hate you more," 

She smiled, "I love you, too," She got up and said, "I'm gonna meet Ashton because I do not understand Castle," she said and left.

 I just chuckled, and grabbed my phone again, I opened his text and read it, I smiled at how scared he must have been to text me all of that, and how hopeful, too.. So I typed out a text to send him.

Me: Alright, asshole. Let's meet.