Chapter 5: Request Fulfilled

Gemna

*Knock, Knock* The door at Hokage's sounded. "Come in," yelled Tsunade.

"I heard you needed to talk to me?" Genma asked walking into the messy office.

"Ah yes, I have a request for you," She stated. While fussing around with nick-nacks.

"And that would be?" He asked not knowing where this was going.

"You will be an escort for Marcy's granddaughter Ali while she is in the village." He smiled.

"Of coursed Ma'am," He said cheerfully.

Ali

Later that day I went to the Hokage's because she had something to tell me. I'm basically pissing myself. I felt cheeks flush red. "Whoa wait what?"

Tsunade cut in, "Your grandmother specifically requested to have Genma look after you so you don't get into trouble while you're on your visit." She gave me a smug smile, I knew exactly why Grandma set him up with me. Nuts! Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now.

​I start making my way to the fruit stand before heading home. "Grapes check, apples check, oranges check, bananas check," I said to myself out loud while I read the list that Grandma wrote. I was almost where you pay when I was stopped. Mmmm...grapefruit isn't on the list. I paused for a moment. "It is now," I stated picking three from the basket.

"It's pretty rare to find someone who likes grapefruit," A voice came out of nowhere. "Ah," I exclaimed because I was spooked, dropping the grapefruits in the process. Immediately bending down to pick them up when a stranger's hand is helping to pick them up. I looked at the stranger to realize that it was Genma. "Haha, sorry to scare you Ali," He said as he handed the fruits back to me.

"Y-you didn't scare me," I could feel my face turn red as I lied.

"It's alright Ali," He playfully punched my shoulder. "So... you uh like grapefruit," He stuttered nervously while trying to hide a laugh.

"Yeah, I've liked them ever since I was little," I said back trying to determine if I was staring too much or not enough. Gosh, Ali get it together.

"I have one every day with breakfast," He chimed.

"Ah, yeah I try to have a half of one every day," I joined in now smiling.

I continued to proceed to cash out when I realized Genma was still following me. "Um..." I stopped walking getting Genma's attention. "Do you need something?" I asked.

"No." was what he answered .

"Uhh, oh... ok," I said continuing to walk, but stopped when he started to follow again. "Why are you following me?" I finally asked.

"Didn't Tsunade tell you? I'm going to be your escort while you're here." I'm pretty sure my face lost five shades of color "I-I thought she was joking," I replied.

"No you're stuck with me, I will be going everywhere you go." I just stared at him.

"Uh... D-does that mean you're sleeping over?" He chuckled. "I wasn't planning on it but if it would make you feel safer, I'm sure Marcy wouldn't mind. I could make that happen."

There was now a fire burning on my face. I can't believe I just asked him that. "N-no I didn't mean it like that, I-I just thought maybe it would be, uh, yeah," I said. Anything that came to my mind pretty much made no sense at all. "Why don't we go pay for everything?" I nodded after what seemed like hours, we finally made it to the front stand.

"The total will be $25," The man said. I took out my wallet and started to look through my money when I heard, "Thank you take care." "No problem," Genma said back to the man.

I looked up to see Genma holding the bags. "Did you just pay?" I asked really confused.

"Yup."

"Why?" I asked. "Why not." Well, he's not going into this conversation apparently. He just keeps walking in the direction towards my house.

"You can stay for dinner if you want, but I don't know what we're having," I invited him in.

"I would but I have to go to a jounin dinner tonight. I can stop by after for tea if it's not too late for you and Gma Marcy," He responded smiling.

"Yeah, that'd be good," I said blushing a little. We approached the house and he waited for me to get in before saying, "See you then." He said moving the senbon in his mouth. "Ok," I shyly said closing the door feeling my heart increase a little in speed.