Chapter 7: Becoming An Item

The next morning the wonderful scent of coffee traveled all throughout the house. After about twenty minutes of just staring at the ceiling, Ali finally got the motivation to get out of bed. Even though she slept in she just couldn't get herself out of bed. As she made her way to the kitchen she noticed a note sitting on the table.

"My sweet Ali, I figured you would still be asleep, it seems you had a good time with Genma last night. All I heard were the two of you laughing. He does love to tell jokes. Anyways I went to visit a friend for a bit, so if you could open the shop and just stay until I get back.

Grandma"

I looked at the clock "10:00am" was what was on it. "Oh it's 10:00... ten! The store opens at 9:00am." I screamed out loud. I hurried to get change (https://pin.it/mzfzcxqdh3smny)and went to open theshop. Once I went down I noticed a man and two teens waiting outside the door. I turned on the lights and went straight to open the door. "I'm so sorry for opening so late. I hope you weren't waiting to long." I said very apologetic. The man gave a soft smile. "No, not long at all." He stated reassuring "I would say anhour is pretty long but this whole thing is a drag." One of the boys exclaimed lazily. "It is a long time Asuma sensei. "Theother boy said opening a bag of potato chips. "Shikamaru, Choji, be quiet." He then looks at me "You must be Ali, Grandma Marcy's Granddaughter?" I nod "I'm Asuma one of the jounin in the village and these are two of my three students, Shikamaru, and Choji. We were stopping by to get some roses." I suddenly smiled. My first customer. "Right this way then, we have your traditional; red rose, multi-colors bouquet, and a special tye dye." Asuma smiled. "I'll take a dozen of the multi- colored one." I gave him a happy smile. "Ok give me five minutes and I'll put these flowers in a vase." Asuma gave a soft look of shock. "Really? Thanks." I nodded while smiling and taking the flowers to put them in a blue vase.

Once I was finished I brought them back out and went to the cash register. "Ok, that will be $15." He gave me a look of confusion. "Are you sure? It's normally $30." Asuma asked. "You're a ninja right?" I asked him and he nodded. "Think of it as a thank you." I said with a warm smile. Asuma gave a small chuckle. "Genma sure is lucky." Huh, I was gonna ask him what he meant but he said something before I could. "Thanks again, take care." He said opening the door letting his two students go out before home. Giving a small wave before shutting the door leaving me to figure out what he meant.

Meanwhile on the other side of the village Grandma Marcy knocked on a door to an apartment. She smiled when the door opened. "Hello Genma." Genma blinked a few times. "Uh- hi. What are you doing here Marcy?" Her smile never leaving her face, which he knew she had something planed. "I just wanted to talk to you, you know a little heart to heart." She said letting herself in, taking a seat and asked for some coffee. Genma came back with her coffee, sitting down on the other side of the table. "So what was it you wanted to talk about?" He asked. "Ali." He slightly rolled his eyes. "What about Ali?" Marcy raised an eye brow while smirking "You like her." Genma's cheeks started to form a small blush. He was about to deny what she was saying but she interrupted him. "You're blushing." He then signed giving in. "Maybe just a little bit." She shook her head. "Yeah, ok just a little bit. Genma you're going to be thirty soon. When was the last time you went on a date?" No answer. "Exactly, so why don't you ask her on a date. It's obvious you both like each other." He interrupted this time. "Yeah but I don't even know how to ask her." Now she gave him a sweet smile. I'll give you some roses." He was in thought now. "OK but what should I do with them?" he questioned. Her smile turned into a smirk as she got up. "Your smart, figure it out." With that she waved and left Genma dumbfounded.