Chapter 12: The Unexpected Slumber Party

In an instants all of the color left my face when realization hit me. I'm going to have to sleep over at Genma's just me and him alone. All of the nerves I had before came running back in no time. "I have video games and cookie dough in the freezer." He said when he saw I was starting to panic. My color came back. Chocolate chip cookies?" I asked. "Of course."

After we finished dinner he took all of the plates to the kitchen and put them in the dish washer. He showed me where all of his video games were. X-box, PlayStation, Sega, so many systems I was about to pick the PlayStation when I noticed something on the bottom shelf in the back of the TV stand. "You have a Nintendo 64? I thought I was the only cool nerd who had one of these left." I sort of shouted with excitement. Genma raised a brow and his smirk appeared at my sudden outburst. "Nope I guess there's two of us." Finally deciding on playing all of the Mario Party's, we agreed o start the cookies before playing.

It just turned 8:00pm, the cookies were in the oven, and itwas game time. Twenty minutes into the game we took a break to put the next patch of cookies in the oven. Genma came back to the living room with a tray that had milk and a plate of fresh oven baked cookies. We continued to play for twenty more minutes until the oven called for someone, with three turns left we were forced to stop to tend to the cookies. Once Genma returned we continued the last few turns of the game to the end of the game. "And The Super Star Is..." Appeared on the screen. "Peach!"

I looked over to him with big smile. "I win." He shook his head. "That's because I was going easy on you." I acted surprised. "Oh! That was going easy? I thought you just sucked." He nearly chocked on his milk. "Trash talking now, wait till we play the second game." He said amused by my competitive side. We played the second game with the outcome of. "The Super Star Is... Peach." I slowly looked over at him trying not to laugh. "Still going easy?" The look he gave me was priceless. "Yeah, Yeah put the last game in."

It was now 11:30 pm there was only five turns left and anyone's game. Genma was just about to buy his third star which would most likely guarantee him a win, when all of the sudden the screen went black. "Damn, I was winning." I started to laugh at what just happened but stopped when the room went dark. The storms outside had overtook the power. "Do you want to go to bed?" Genma asked searching for some kind of light but had no luck in finding any. "Uh sure, do you want me to sleep on the couch?" I asked having no idea where he was. "No, I'll sleep on the couch." He answered fast. "But um. I can't take your bed from you." He didn't even have to think about his next sentence. "I don't mind sharing my bed if it's ok with you." I'm sure my blush was lighting up the whole room. "U-um ok."

He took my hand and guided me to his room so I wouldn't trip or walk into anything. Once we were I climbed into the queen size bed and got under the covers as he did the same. The next thing I knew I was brought into his chest. I couldn't help cuddling into his warm embrace and falling fast asleep.