Chapter 13: The Morning After

The next morning I woke up being held tightly with my face buried in someone's chest. Slowly I looked up to see Genma a sleep next to me. Without waking him up I slowly looked around the current room I was in, now remembering I slept over Genma's last. I was enjoying just laying here cuddling with Genma even though he was asleep. Just relaxing in the silent morning until a voice came out of nowhere. "Did you sleep well?" I froze, he was awake this whole time? "Mhm." Was all I could manage. "So I was thinking, we should bring your Grandma donuts this morning for breakfast. So she doesn't kill me for not bringing you home last night." I gave a soft chuckle "Yeah we probably should." We got up and left 20 minutes later for the donut shop. We decided on a few and were on our way.

Once we arrived to my Grandma's house we went into the kitchen to find Grandma sitting at the table with a cup of coffee, two cups of tea, and three plates as if she was expecting us. Genma and I looked at each other slightly confused but went into the kitchen. "Good morning you two." Ok somethings definitely up. "Morning Marcy." Genma started. "We brought you donuts." She only nodded. "What's the special occasion?" She asked. "I just wanted to apologize for making you worried for not bringing Ali home last night. I didn't feel like it was the safest thing to do and I didn't want to put her in danger so I took her back to my apartment since it was closer." He explained not showing any signs of fear. "Oh Genma honey, I wasn't worried you told me she would be safe with you and I knew she would be." Both of our jaws dropped. "You're not mad?" I asked this time. "Not even a little." She said taking a donut.

Author note~ Sorry for such short chapters. I didn't realize how short the chapters are for this story especially this chapter. I'm working on making the chapters for future stories longer.