Chapter 24:

A mighty roar shook the earth. Giratina's Shadow Claw collided with Dialga's Metal Claw. A shock wave blasted outwards, rocking the empty dimension in which they fought. Arceus' Blizzard attack was stopped by Palkia's Focus Blast. The powerful fighting-type move broke through and struck Arceus in the chest.

The very fabric of the universe trembled at the terrible clash of the four legends. Darkrai and Meloetta circled the legendries. Firing attacks, they helped to weaken Dialga and Palkia, but not enough. Palkia and Dialga charged at Arceus. Giratina tried to intercept them but Palkia's Spacial Rend tore through Giratina. The mighty ghost-dragon fainted; its unconscious body floated through the void.

Dialga slammed Arceus with an Iron Tail. The Alpha Pokémon grunted in pain. He tried to fight back but Palkia slammed its fist down upon Arceus' back. Arceus control slipped. Palkia and Dialga felt their control over time and space returning. Reversing time, Dialga removed the damage taken by itself and Palkia. They were both restored to full strength.

Darkrai roared in defiance and launched his Dark Void attack; his last hope. Palkia merely snapped its mighty fingers and the attack disappeared. (Thanos is that you?)

Dialga's Earth Power shot up from underneath Darkrai, defeating the Pitch-Black Pokémon. Without his plates Arceus could not defeat his children. 'Debby, please hurry,' he begged.

Palkia and Dialga roared their triumph.

"This is the end father!" Palkia shouted.

"We'll create a new world without you, and we will rule it as kings!" Dialga cheered.

Dialga and Palkia prepared for their final attack. They breathed in, pulled back and flung their attack forwards. The combined Roar of Time and Spacial Rend surged towards Arceus. No Pokémon could survive a hit like that.

The attacks collided with their target and there was an explosion like no other. The Pokémon struck by Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, those attacks tore him apart from the inside out. He didn't get a heroic speech or a chance to say his goodbyes, but if he could've said anything, he would've said; 'Volt-Switch bitch.'

Ace's lifeless body was covered in cuts and bruises. He died with a cheeky grin on his face. Palkia and Dialga roared their anger and looked around for their prey. Arceus was far away from the explosion. Riding his back was a human and a Vulpix. Jacob hurriedly returned the plates to their rightful owner.

Arceus stood, once more at full strength. The mighty Pokémon was omnipotent, and he was angry. Palkia and Dialga no longer had any chance of victory and they knew it. The duo whimpered fearfully. Arceus glared at them.

"You two are a pain in my ass. I'll deal with you later. Until then, you're grounded. Go to your dimensions now!"

Dialga and Palkia didn't protest, just obeyed. They humbly returned to their dimensions. Arceus grunted.

"Giratina... I suppose I'll let this slide. You're free to go."

Giratina nodded. Meloetta sat on its crown and the duo flew away. Arceus turned to Lunala and Darkrai. "Debby, Darkrai, thank you for all your help. Go get some rest."

Following Giratina's example, Lunala and Darkrai nodded and left without a word. Finally, Arceus spoke to the two heroes sitting astride his back. "Where would you like to go?"

Jacob and Pixie shared a look. "Home. Sharpedo bluff," said Jacob.

In an instant the grey vortex and the circling storm clouds disappeared. Jacob found himself standing on the edge of Sharpedo Bluff; Pixie sitting on his shoulder. Arceus stood beside them, watching the sunset.

"It truly is beautiful," Arceus whispered.

"Yes, it is," Jacob replied.

Arceus sighed. "Jacob... I'm sorry. You were right. I'm a liar. What I said to you earlier, it was a lie. The reason I didn't make you an Eevee again is because I didn't want you to get involved any further. You'd already given so much. I wanted you and your friends to rest. I wanted to protect you all. I was scared you'd get hurt. Turns out... hurt is inevitable. You, Pixie, Tertle, Glair and Ace, all five of you rose through the pain and fought to save the world. You are a true hero."

Jacob shook his head. "I'm no hero. They're the heroes. They knew perfectly well what they were doing. They wanted to save the world. No excuses. Arceus, don't ever forget them."

"It is hard to forget someone who taught you so much. Young Jacob, I will always remember you and your friends. Thank you."

Jacob had the sensation of falling, a moment later Arceus looked larger than before. Jacob grunted as a weight fell on his back.

"Oh, sorry!" Pixie yelped as she quickly got off.

Jacob struggled to his paws... his paws. He chuckled, these four paws had carried him so far. He would never forget the tales these paws told.

"Arceus, thank you."

Arceus smiled and nodded. "You two must be tired, you should go to bed. You can sleep now."

The little Eevee grinned at the massive Pokémon. "I will rest, but I won't sleep. Sleep is for the weak, the old and the dying. Rest you can wake up from. And when you do wake up, you find yourself stronger than before. We'll rest now, but we'll always be ready to wake up, and fight."

Arceus chuckled. "You astound me. Goodbye little heroes."

Arceus galloped away into the sunset. With their last tale at an end Jacob and Pixie sat side by side. The Eevee nuzzled the Vulpix and she licked his cheek. They watched the sun fade into night and the moon rise. Starlight twinkled upon the vast ocean. Jacob and Pixie watched the stars as they danced across the sky. The night seemed to tell a tale of a human, a runt, a fossil, a bully and an outcast. It was a truly magnificent tale, one that would live on in the stars and be told as legend. Centuries later Parents would surely still tell their children of those five misfits who decided to save the world; no excuses.

Pixie leant against Jacob. He rested his chin on her head. "I love you," he whispered.

"As far as the east is from the west?"

"To the moon and back."

"Out the door jack?"

"Round the earth and round again."

"I'll love you till the very end."