Chapter Eight

Benji's Pov

     "Addy, please, I'm sorry,' I begged.

     She was still upset the next day when I saw her. She wasn't exactly ignoring me, but she was being very distant. 

     She turned to me, and after seeing the sadness in her eyes I knew she wasn't only upset about me anymore. "I'm not mad at you, Benji," she laughed shortly. "I just started thinking about stuff last night... and I'm over it, and i'm okay, but I can't-"

     "it's okay, Addy," I said sympathetically. "You don't have to try to explain it."

     She sighed and looked down, and when she looked back up on me she had her usual smile on her face. "Bell's about to ring. Did you do the homework?"

     She wasn't okay. That much was clear.

* * *

     The rest of the day, Addy was her usual bubbly self, if not even more so, but that didn't stop me from being worried about her. She said that she was over whatever had happened, and I believed her, so I didn't question her.

     As I walked into art class with Syd, I saw Jorge already sitting down and sketching something in his sketchbook. I looked between him and Syd quickly, then took a deep breath.

     "Hey... I'm going to sit over here," I began. "Just for today..."

     "Benji-"

     "I just need to ask him about something." I said firmly. He had no reason to be worried.

     He sighed and nodded. "Okay."

     I walked over and sat across from Jorge, and he didn't even look up.

     "Benji," he started, "Care to tell me why you decided to sit over here?"

     I scratched the back of my neck. "I just have a few questions... about.... stuff."

     His head shot up and he wore a smirk on his face. "Hm, lemme guess... did I murder my brother? no. Did I skin my fucking cat? No, and I have no idea where they got that idea from. I'm not as terrible as people think I am. Maybe if they actually took a minute to get to know me they would realize that."

     "Oh..." was all I replied with. I didn't really know what to say. He had answered my questions, so it seemed silly for me to even be sitting with him. Or, most of my questions.

     "What happened with you and Addy?" I asked cautiously. He already seemed on edge, and I didn't want to make it worse.

     He scoffed. "Ask her. It's not my place to say."

     Despite the fact that he was being nice by not  spilling her secrets, his words had venom to them. 

     "Okay..." Again, I didn't really know what to say, so I just continued the best I could. "So... you say people don't really get to know you... so tell me about yourself."

     His face seemed to brighten when I said it, and honestly, it was kind of cute. "Really?"

     I couldn't help the smile tugging at my lips. "Yeah. Really."

* * *

Jorge's Pov

     He makes my heart feel funny. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

* * *

     This chapter was kinda short  and kinda bad but the next one will be longer, I promise. Some of you were worried that Jorge actually did murder his brother... he didn't. As you read in this chapter. It's just suspicions. But, I will get to what happened to his brother later in the book ;)

~lana