Chapter Five

Tom POV

I was once again sat in an airport with my head down trying to avoid anyone's attention. Instead of flying across the Atlantic Ocean, this time I was flying across America to San Diego for Comic Con. It meant that I would miss a few days of rehearsal but at the same time I was so excited to be back in Hall H at Comic Con this time revealing Loki's own series. This was going to be insane. Of course everyone else was going to be there for their announcements and I couldn't wait to see some of the guys like Ben, Sebastian and Chris again.

I lifted my phone out to see that I had a new text from Flick.

So jealous that you will be at comic con. That had always been a dream of mine. Flick x

I quickly sent my reply before putting my phone away again.

Maybe next year I could take you? Tom x

The announcement was made that the gate was opening and I grabbed my hand luggage and began to make my way towards the correct gate. Flick and I had been texting nearly constantly since we first met but with both our conflicting schedules we hadn't yet been able to meet up again and now with me flying to the other side of the country that really didn't help. I just hoped that once I got back to New York we would be able to arrange something.

I wasn't suppose to have told anyone about my visit to Comic Con as it was suppose to be a surprise for the fans but I felt that I could trust Flick. I didn't expect her to be posting that fact on social media at all.

I found my seat on the plane before quickly checking my phone once more.

Wow that would be amazing!!! Flick x

I smiled to myself as I read her text. I just hoped I would be able to keep to that promise now. I could just imagine that smile of hers very nearly reaching her eyes and I just hoped that one day they would again reach her eyes again. I hadn't tried to talk to her about if there was something wrong as there just hadn't been the right opportunity yet but I hoped one day she would feel able to confide in me. I so desperately wanted to be able to help her.

You will love it. On my plane now so had better switch my phone off. Have a good day and I'll speak to you from San Diego. Tom x

Once the message had sent I switched my phone off and sank back into my seat, my head full of thoughts.

***

The flight wasn't too long and I had soon landed in San Diego and made my way through airport security and to my hotel room. As soon as I had arrived Ben had come and join me in my room.

"So how's New York?" He asked as he sat down on the edge of my bed. Although I had only seen Ben the day before I flew out to New York I felt like I had so much to tell him. He was one of my closest friend and probably the person I trusted the most about anything.

"It's amazing" I replied as I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge in my hotel room. "Now that I am actually in the city I can really feel the buzz and I can't wait to bring Betrayal to the Broadway stage."

"It's going to be amazing" Ben replied as I heard the text alert go off on my phone. I pulled my phone out and a smile instantly came to my face as I read her text.

Glad you landed safely. Just finished my shift and heading home. Definitely ordering pizza in and watching Thor Ragnarok when I get home. Flick x

"That must be someone very interesting" Ben said interrupting my thoughts. I looked up from my phone to look at him and he had an eyebrow raised in a questioning way.