Chapter Thirty Two

Flick POV

I watched as Tom, Jack and Casey stared back at me open mouthed. I looked back to the phone number on the screen and double checked it in my head that it was right. I was definitely looking at Lewis's phone number. The police were scribbling things down on a piece of paper whilst another one was typing away on the laptop.

"Is this Lewis's address?" One officer asked turning the laptop back round for me to see. On the screen was the address I used to share with him in England. I nodded.

"Right okay, we will contact our British colleagues and send over all the details and ask them to bring him in for questioning" one of the officers said standing to their feet and heading to the door.

"We will be in touch later today once we know more" the officer who had been on the laptop said closing the laptop and standing to follow their colleague. "Please contact us if you receive any more messages."

Casey showed all the officers to the door whilst Tom and Jack both remained by my side on the sofa. I glanced out the window and the sun was just beginning to rise outside. I didn't have a clue what time it was now but a couple of hours must have past since we had been awoken.

"How dare he" Jack said breaking our silence.

Tom and I both turned to look at Jack as Casey reappeared in the room.

"How dare he" Jack repeated him fists clenched on his knees. I reached across and placed a hand on top of his to reassure him.

"The police have him now" I said in a soft tone.

"Are you sure it was his number?" Tom asked.

"I'm certain. I dialed it at least once a day for many years of my life. It isn't something I can easily forget" I replied.

"I shouldn't have come to London with you" Tom said his head dropped.

"What do you mean?" I asked moving my hand from Jack's so that I could turn to face Tom.

"If I hadn't come to London with you when you confronted him he would never have known about us. He would never have been able to blackmail you" Tom replied.

I thought for a moment about how things may have been different if Tom hadn't have come to London with me all those months ago but then I remembered exactly what Lewis was like.

"Lewis is evil. He would have found a way to blackmail me somehow. The fact he knew about us made no difference. He would have just been messaging me about something else still threatening my family." I replied. I was beginning to wonder how I had ever loved this guy once. How had I never seen what he was really like earlier after all the years I had known him.

"I love you Flick. I just hate that I have brought all this sadness to you life since you met me" Tom replied unable to look at me.

I raised my hand to his face and cupped his cheek turning him to look me in the eye.

"Tom the sadness was already in my life. You have made my life a million times better and I would never change these last few months for anything. I love you Tom, I always will" I replied leaning forward to place my lips to his other cheek.

"But the blackmailing" Tom began before I cut him off.

"Tom, I tried to commit suicide just before I moved to New York and now I don't have any intention of wanting to anymore. Instead I want to live the rest of my life with you. Surely that means you are good for me."

Tom looked at me with such love in his eyes as he took in my words before pulling me into him arms, crashing his lips to mine.

"I love you Felicity" he whispered.