3. You've got Cancer?

Layla's POV:

I woke up laying on the floor, what? The only thing I remember is reaching my goal. My head hurts so bad. I open my phone to see what time it is. 8:00 am. Great! I have only 15 minutes to get ready and 15 minutes to get there. I'll barely make it. Ugh. I hate Mondays! Like c'mon it must be the most hated day of the week. Thank God I have my weight loss as something to find Monday good. I still can't believe that I succeeded. Sam still hasn't texted me though so I will have to find him at school.

I got up from the ground, put on the first shirt and jeans I found in front of me, wore my shoes and brushed my hair trying to put it up in a messy bun but end up not doing it since I was shedding. I added some concealer but I realized that my face had gotten thinner. I look different but, still.

I ended up getting to school on time. First period passed quickly and I couldn't wait to go back home. School tires me.

I walked out of class and started walking towards my locker when I realized that many people were starring at me.

I spot Sam coming towards me but he didn't seem happy.

"Hey!" I say smiling.

"We need to talk." He says.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" I ask curious.

"I'm breaking up with you. Sorry, but I can't date a girl that's going to die soon. It'll be hard." He says and I freeze. No, no this can't be happening.

"Wha- what?" I try to find the right words.

"I'm sorry Lay, see you around." He says walking towards his friends.

I see my friend group sitting a little further and I go up to them.

"Did you see what happen?" I ask.

"Um yeah, we have to um talk to you too." Shay says.

"What's up with people today?" I'm confused.

"So uh when we had that sleepover we started talking about how you've been acting weird lately.." Andy starts.

"And so, we gathered all the weird things that have happened you know.." May continues.

"I mean, tiredness, hair and weight loss.. hospital visits, we thought that maybe
you've got cancer and you are just scared
to tell us." Alyssa says.

"And that's why, we decided to tell the whole school so you know that everyone is with you." Shay finally says.

I was shocked. Cancer? What?

"Are you kidding me?!" I scream.

"I don't have cancer! Just because I wanted to loose weight and become thinner than Amy fucking Richards doesn't mean that I have to have cancer."

The words slip out and I try to stop but I can't. At that point the whole school including teachers was gathered around us.

"And what if I had? What if I wanted to keep it to myself? Have you thought of that? You guys disgust me! I thought you were my friends but turns out you aren't, goodbye." I say leaving towards the school's parking lot.

I feel everyone's eyes on me but I don't care. Thank God the principal and teachers don't cone up to me and they understand. I sit at a bench that I find and cover my face with my palms. Suddenly I feel someone touching my hair. I look up and see Niall.

"Your hair really does fall out." He states.

"Yeah, I know." I mock him.

"The principal told everyone to get in class don't worry." He says.