9. I think I'm gonna barf

Layla's POV:

It's almost 4pm on Sunday and at 5 I have a meet up with the others at Harry's to set everything up. I grab my lilac Vans backpack and throw in the dress that I'm going to wear to the party. We are all going to change after we are done with the preparations. I also throw my makeup bag, my hair brush and curling iron, along with my high black boots.

I put on my oversized hoodie, my distressed mom jeans and my checkered slip on vans. I let my hair down since I'm going to do them later.

Outfit:

 I go downstairs and find mum

"Hey sweetie." She says.

"Hi." I reply.

"I have great news!" She says and I roll my eyes nodding for her to continue.

"Dad is visiting us next week!" She says and I instantly smile.

"What?! For real?" I ask her not believing it.

"Yes! He arrives on Saturday." She informs me and I couldn't be more excited.

"Woah, wait. Why do you have a ginormous backpack with you?" She asks pointing to my Vans backpack that's currently struggling to hold all my stuff.

"Um a friend has his birthday today and I'm going over to help set the party. It's like a surprise and we are going to get dressed after we are done soo." I say and she crosses her arms over her chest.

"You have to look after Riley." She says.

"Why are you here then? Besides, you are her mother not I nor Naslyn!" I tell her and I can feel anger heating up inside me.

"I have tow watch my TV show. And I cannot look after Riley while I'm watching it." She replies.

"Then watch it together or don't watch it at all! You like to think that you are a responsible mother but guess what? You don't even know that Riley is super quiet!" I shout to her and before she can say anything else, I barge out the door and head to the bus station.

I get in the bus and immediately find a seat. It's 4.30pm so I'm good. I still can't believe that she told me that Dad's coming and then boom she crashes everything by reminding me how bad of a mother she is. I respect her because without her hard work we wouldn't be able to have everything we need since dad lives in North Carolina at the moment and so he sends money every time he comes to visit us. He makes sure that the money he gives us will cover us until the next time he comes so yeah.

But still. Mum works really hard and I recognize that for her. But come on! I used to be so close with her. Now she comes back from work and heads straight to the couch to watch Friends, which is such a great show but, point is that her work tires her which ends up in her not having time for important people in her life like her family. Last month, grandma was in the hospital and thank God she is good now but mum couldn't even visit her because of working schedule.