It's Hard

Narrator's POV

Tony sat on the couch, reading a newspaper while Peter was off doing something.

Stephen was at work, and it wasn't long til he returned.

They had planned a cookout with May today being the first day of summer and all.

An alarm went off on Tony's phone.

Check on Squirt

Tony looked around, not seeing Peter. "Hey, Squirt." He called.

There was no answer.

"Pete." Tony stood up from the couch, walking into the living room, where Peter was playing a while ago.

Peter wasn't there.

"Peter, come on." Tony said. "This isn't funny." He looked around. "You know how I feel about hide and seek." Tony searched in the kitchen, inside the cabinets, inside the pantry.

Nothing.

"Peter." He called.

There was a sound coming from upstairs.

Stumbling and fast footsteps.

"Peter?" Tony asked, walking to the staircase.

"Ah!" Peter yelped.

"Peter!" Tony called, going upstairs. He enabled a blaster over his hand. "Peter. I'm coming." He raced upstairs. "Where are you?" He looked around at the many rooms of the house.

"In here." Peter called from the bathroom.

"Hold on, I'm- What the?" Tony struggled against the doorknob.

It was locked.

"It's okay. Nothing's wrong." Peter said.

"Peter." He called. "Peter, what's going on in there?" He asked. "Let me in. Come on."

"It's okay. I'm okay." Peter said from the other side.

"If you don't open this door this instant, I'm gonna blast it down." Tony said.

"No, it's okay. You don't need to worry about it." Peter said.

"Peter if you don't open this door on the count of three..." Tony warmed.

"No, it's-"

"One." Tony counted.

"I'm fine."

"Two."

"Wait-"

"Thre-"

-click-

Tony opened the door in a hurry. "Peter, are you-" He looked down at Peter, who was standing on a stool in front of the sink, facing him.

Peter didn't say anything.

There was marker on his face in the shape of Tony's or Stephen's facial hair.

Tony couldn't really tell. "Pete, what did you-"

"Please don't be mad!" Peter said, tears forming in his eyes.

Tony scoffed. "I'm not mad." He said.

Peter looked at him. "You're not?"

"No." Tony said.

"Ngh!" Peter ran up to Tony and wrapped his arms around his legs.

Tony laughed, holding him, but then picking him up. "What were you doin'?"