Eat Fresh, Live Healthy

"Why didn't you drink a blood pack before it got this bad, bunny?" His voice held nothing but worry, yet still Gray flinched like he was yelled at.

"I'm sorry. I didn't have any left and it slipped my mind to tell you." He responded meekly and Caius sighed.

"You don't have to apologize. I just wish you'd take better care of yourself. You can't take blood capsules, so you need to keep human blood with you at all times."

Gray slipped the blazer off his head and draped it over his upper body like a blanket. It was quite big enough because of the size differences between them both. Caius wasn't overly muscular, but he had wide shoulders and a broad, manly back. He was incredibly handsome, a trait of his vampire blood.

"Are you cold? Bunny...how are you feeling?" He asked slowly, feeling like someone dropped a massive weight into his stomach.

It was warm outside and inside the car wasn't remotely cold, but Gray's lips were still blue and he was shivering subtly.

Something wasn't right...

"I'm alright...just a little cold because I didn't have any blood to warm me." He gave his friend a smile that was meant to reassure.

"Where are we going?"

"To my house." He responded, lifting his sunglasses off his face and putting them on Gray.

He was grateful for the tinted lens which blocked out a great deal of the sunlight. It never bothered his eyes before. Despite legends and myths, sunlight didn't really affect vampires, at least not unless they were starving. It never affected Gray before though...

Eli was still being laughed at by Leo even as they were being driven to their destination by the bodyguards. They weren't necessary - both of them could take care of themselves just fine - but he complied with the insistence from Leo's father. The man was only looking out for them in the best way he knew how to.

"It wasn't that funny." Eli grumbled behind the screen of the laptop he had sitting on his lap.

"You think so, because you didn't see the look on your face." The blonde haired man grinned.

Eli was really caught off guard. What part of that man was supposed to be in his thirties? He looked like he was barely out of school. Eli couldn't deny that Gray was beautiful. There was something dangerously alluring about the much smaller man, and he was sure it wasn't just the addictive scent of jasmine he seemed to radiate.

"Why does Henry want to meet now? The project is already starting. If he wants to re-tender the contract I'm going to punch the geezer in his nose." Leo grumbled as he focused on the paperwork before him.

"He didn't say, but it's a big job so I'm sure he wants to weasel in a few additions details and hope it won't be too much additional costs." Eli responded. "He's a shady guy, and he can't include some of the things he wants on the official layout plan."

Henry Roman built buildings and rented them out. It was probably more accurate to say that he paid to build enormous buildings and other companies rented them for offices and such.
Leo didn't know it, but this building wasn't for his usual business. This time, it was for his own, personal business. It wasn't something that was publicized or publicly tendered. Eli was given the job because he was not only someone Henry trusted, but he was someone who could carry out the entire job under wraps.

"You've done work like this for him before?" Leo inquired and Eli shrugged.

"A couple of buildings in different countries. It isn't anything for you to get too concerned about. I'm only taking you along because you're worse than a nagging wife."