Damon the Devil

"Are you going to work?" Caius asked softly as he stroked the soft, snow white locks fanned over the dark blue pillow.

Gray stirred awake and turned so he was facing the blonde man snuggled close to him. Caius was shirtless, as he usually was when he slept, baring his perfect body for anyone who could see it.

"Yes." He mumbled sleepily before yawning.

Caius was glad to see the dark circles beneath his eyes were almost gone and his skin wasn't pasty white. Most importantly though, was that Gray's lips were no longer blue. They were back to their pale pink color.

Gray didn't look one hundred percent as he did in the past when he drank fresh blood from a live human, but he looked much better and that was enough for Caius.

"We'll need to dye your hair again. It washed out."

Gray sat up immediately and pulled some of the white locks in front of his eyes which were wide. He didn't even realize it last night, or maybe he just didn't pay much attention to the fact because he was stressing over what was happening to his body.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice." Caius chuckled.

There was an itchy feeling in his eyes and he realized he slept with his contacts in. He slid off the bed and walked over to his bag that Caius placed on the dresser at some point. He took the case out and popped out the contacts before blinking a couple times so his vision adjusted.

"I never get tired of looking at your eyes." Caius sighed wistfully as he met Gray's lavender eyes through the reflection in the mirror.

Gray could see his true self in the mirror. His white hair framed his colorless face and his purple eyes seemed to glow against the paleness of his appearance.

Caius pressed a kiss to the top of Gray's head. He loved this doll-like, one of a kind creature and would do whatever it took to protect him and keep him safe.

"Let's dye your hair before you bathe, bunny."

Gray followed Caius into the bathroom and was relieved when the blonde man didn't detect a trace of blood. He cleaned up pretty well.
Caius sat Gray in front of the mirror and mixed the dye before donning gloves and starting the process of combining the color through his snow white locks. It was black dye, but by the time they were done, his hair would be the same shade of grey it usually was. They weren't sure why, but his hair rejected color and if they put anything other than black, it would fade away at the days end. The same thing went for his eyes. He wore black contacts, but they looked grey against his purple eyes. Any other color lenses looked odd and allowed the purple to show through.

"Give it the usual wait time and wash it out, alright?"

Gray nodded as Caius disposed of the gloves and cleaned up the dye.

"Ah...I almost forgot!" Caius dipped a finger into the bowl and carefully smeared it over both eyebrows. "There we go. As pretty as ever."

Gray laughed.

He was sitting in a shirt stained with dye, hair matted with color and eyebrows that were pretty much painted black, but Caius was calling him pretty.

"I know what you're thinking and why you're laughing, but I'll have you know that no matter what you try, you're always gorgeous."

Vampires were generally beautiful creatures. Their alluring appearance was a weapon they were equipped with to help them hunt. Their beauty would draw prey in so they could be charmed before feeding.

Gray was exceptionally beautiful, more so than any vampires Caius had ever met.

Old vampires either had golden or midnight hair. Golden haired vampires were from one clan, and midnight haired vampires were from the other. As bloodlines thinned, the color went from gold to dirty blonde and eventually somewhat of a bronze or hazel shade. The color darkened and drifted further from gold as generations went by. If a golden haired vampire turned a human, the human's hair would change, but would always be a shade or two darker than that of the maker. If that turned vampire changed a human, the newly changed vampire would have even darker hair, and so forth.