The Rumored Bullying

"Caius, it was an accident." Gray tried, but the furious vampire wasn't hearing it.

"That's no fucking accident, bunny. Now give me the name of the fucker who laid his filthy hand on you." Caius was seeing red.

His precious little bunny was hurt because some piece of trash thought he could touch him?

"No," Gray protested softly.

"No? You're hurt!" The blonde man exclaimed.

Gray walked carefully toward Caius, making sure he didn't slip and fall. He reached up and placed a gentle, small hand on his cheek.

"I'm okay, I promise you. Please calm down."

Caius took a deep breath and covered Gray's hand with his own.

His crimson orbs were slowly turning emerald and his fangs were receding into his gums. His chest was still heaving beneath his very well-fitting, white shirt.

"I'm sorry. I'm calm, little rabbit. I apologize for my behavior." He sighed and Gray placed his forehead against Caius' chest.

"You were just worried about me. Thank you for that." He smiled and Caius stroked his wet hair gently.

"Come on, let's get your hair dried off before you catch a cold." He sighed and reached for a white, fluffy towel from the shelf.

"I didn't know you were coming over." Gray spoke as they sat to eat dinner together.

It was a simple meal of potatoes and chicken with some salad and wine that he threw together when he was dry and dressed.

"I wanted to check on how you're feeling. You didn't look one hundred this morning, even after you drank fresh blood." Caius responded and he stared at Gray. "How are you feeling, bunny?"

"I'm much better now." He smiled reassuringly.

"But not as well as you used to be when you drank fresh blood in the past?" The blonde vampire guessed and Gray averted his lavender eyes.

He had removed the contacts after his shower. He didn't wear them at home. At home, he could be himself.

"I...no." He admitted softly.

"I think you should stay away from blood packs for a while. I'll get you fresh food as often as you need it." He tells him and Gray nods slowly.

"Okay,"

"Now, how was work?" Caius asked and was surprised to see a look of confused annoyance on his little rabbit's face.

Gray, surprisingly enough, wasn't thinking about the bullying he faced throughout the day. He was thinking about the man that insisted on conversing with him; Levi.

He was a strange person indeed. Who randomly pays for another person's lunch and buys them dessert on top of that?

"I got cheesecake today." He smiled somewhat dreamily as the look of annoyance melted away and Caius couldn't help the laughter that rolled out.

Gray wasn't looking forward to another day of taking the stairs, but he did enjoy doing his job.  He went straight to his locker and surprise, surprise; Damon was waiting there.

"Good morning," he greeted politely and Damon rolled his eyes.

"Why are you talking to me, fag?"

"Sorry," Gray apologized and opened his locker.

"Well, what do we have here?" Damon asked, grabbing the gold necklace out of the locker. "A gift from your boyfriend?"

"Give it back, Damon." Gray's voice was uncharacteristically hard and it caught the taller man off guard.