The kiss

Ava chocked spilling her drink. I quickly moved away, but Andrew was still holding my hand. I guess it would be too weird if I left him.

Ugh! What are we doing?! This was supposed to be a prank for a night, not forever! I needed to talk to him, as soon as possible.

"No. Way." Caleb's reaction brought me back to reality.

"You see, we told you," Andrew said and winked at me, I faked a smile.

"Um, Drew, can you, please, come with me. There's something I have to tell you." I finally said.

"She's pregnant!" Ben yelled from behind.

"Or she's breaking up with him!" Brent added. The girls just laughed.

Once we were alone in my room I set on the bed really upset.

"What were you thinking?!" I whisper yelled, I didn't want anyone to hear us. "I thought we were supposed to tell them it was a prank!"

"I know, I'm sorry, ok? They just fell for it and I didn't want to ruin it." He set next to me. "I'm sorry." He repeated himself.

"Your sorry doesn't change anything. Who knows what Ben and Brent are going to say...!" I was really angry.

"They seemed like they didn't care, they continued to joke."

"Yea, the main word is 'seemed'. You don't know them like I do, we literally grew up together. After this party, they are going to kill me and call my mom and I'm going to be in a big trouble!"

He was quite for some time. "Why would they do that if they are like brothers to you?"

"Because they are freaking over protective!" I couldn't calm down, I was breathing heavily.

"Chill. We can tell them it was a prank." He said so calmly, without any worries.

I still couldn't calm down. "Do you really think they would trust us? We fucking kissed!" I whisper yelled again. "But, it's not a prank anymore. It fucking isn't." I stood up. "You care for me, Andrew, it's so obvious, and I care for you, but not in the same way. It's just, different." I walked to the door slowly. "And I'm sorry I have to tell you like this, but..." I suddenly opened the door.

All of our friends fell on the floor.

"I tried to stop them," Ava said coming to us, she's the only one who didn't eavesdrop.

"How did you know they were eavesdropping?" Andrew asked getting up from my bed.

"I heard them coming." I simply answered.

"So, it was just a prank?" Caleb asked kind of disappointed.

"What about the kiss?" Daisy asked.

"It was unexpected. We were supposed to tell you it was a prank when it came to that topic but, well, you saw what happened."

"So the kiss didn't mean anything?" Brent asked with a relief.

"No." I looked at Andrew who looked at floor once I answered.

Why do I keep doing that to him?

"I feel better now," Brent said.

"Should we go and continue the game?" Nina asked.

"Sure!" Daisy answered and everyone agreed.

"Ash, can you stay for a few minutes?" Ava asked taking my hand when I was about to exit my room.

"Yea, what's up?" I closed the door behind myself.

"The kiss, I saw your reaction and I'm sure it's not true that it didn't mean anything."

I felt so weird. "Ugh! I can't keep on hurting him!" I said sitting on the bed again. I felt a few tears run down my cheek.