Chapter 10

"I can understand that. Do you want me to drop you off at Buck's before work or do you want Two-bit to walk you there?" he asked me.

"Two-bit can walk me there," I reply. He didn't look too surprised that I picked Two-bit.

He nodded as I handed him back the newspaper. I stood there for a while after he walked inside. I just wanted to look at the sky and horizon for a while before we left. Two-bit walks out soon after Darry walked in. He spun me around to him and hugged me. 

"So you wanna go see Dally, huh?" he asked, still not breaking the hug. 

"Yeah. I need to go get some information from him." 

"What kind of information?" 

"Information about Johnny and Pony." 

"Alright. Let's get moving then." 

We walk for about a block in silence until I ask a question. 

"What's your real name?" I ask. 

"It's Two-bit," he was smiling. 

"You're lying. Tell me your real name." 

"It's Keith, Keith Mathews." 

"Keith. That's a nice name."

We have some small talk about what happened with Pony and Johnny while we walk. When we get to Buck's, I knock on the door, and Buck opens it soon after. He sees me, and his face lights up. He hugs me, and Two-bit looks confused. I smile which makes Two-bit get jealous really quick. 

"Hey Buck. How's it going?" I say. 

"Pretty good. How 'bout you?" 

"Good." 

"You're here to see Dallas, huh?" 

"Yeah. I'm here to put him in his place," he looks shocked, "No. I'm here to ask him some questions." 

"Alright. I'll go wake him up, wait here." 

"No, let me wake him up. Just open his door for me." 

"You got it. Follow me." 

I give Two-bit a head nod to follow me as I walk in. He follows me, and I follow Buck up some stairs to a room down a hallway. He knocks, hears nothing, and opens the door. Dally was sleeping like a baby in the bed. I pulled a whistle out of my shirt to show the boys which made Buck and Two-bit confused. I blow the whistle and yelled.

"GOOD MORNING, SLEEPING BEAUTY!" I scream. He falls out of the bed with a thud. 

"What the hell was that for?! Why you always gotta fucking do that to me?!" He looked up at me. I turned to Buck.

"Thanks, Buck," He nods, and I turn to Dally, "Good morning. Give me information." 

"That was demanding," Two-bit said while laughing. 

"What information?" Dally asked. 

"Don't act stupid. The information about Johnny and Pony." 

"I ain't got no information." 

"Liar. If I were Pony or Johnny and stuck in a murder wrap, I would come straight to the hood from New York." 

"Fine. They headed for Texas." 

"Well let's go get 'em then," Two-bit said. 

"No, we shouldn't. They could get in serious trouble if they come back." 

"Yeah," I say, "Thanks for the information, Dal'." 

"You're welcome," He stands up and hugs me. 

"See ya Dally," Two-bit says and walks out. When he hits the doorway, he turns to me and taps his wrist telling me to hurry up. 

"They went to an abandoned church on Jay Mountain in Windrixville, but tell no one," Dally whispers in my ear. 

"I wouldn't do that," I say quietly. 

"Good. I am going to see them when this gets better. Do you wanna come with me?" 

"I'm good, but come see me before you go." 

"You got it." 

I wave goodbye, and Dally leads me outside. I give him one more hug. It was raining outside, but I see no Two-bit. Dally had already shut the door, so I just started walking. I was insanely pissed off that he just ditched me when it was pouring rain, but..........