𝟲| 𝘾𝙃𝙄𝙌𝙐𝙄𝙏𝙄𝙏𝘼

[ this is short bcuz the next chapters are action/drama filled ig so this is your last taste of normalcy. enjoy ]

"Billy, are you okay?" Lili heard Heather ask. Her tired, teary eyes snapped over to where Heather was talking to a bunch of boys. Billy stood a few feet away from her, staring at a mess that one kid made. Or did he make it?

Billy ignored Heather and continued to stumble back into the locker room. Lili started to get down from her chair when Heather stopped her.

"I think it's better if I go," she gave Lili a fake smile. Lili gave a fake one back. Heather walked into the locker room with ease. Lili rolled her eyes. Billy said to stay away from him, so she was.

After a while, Heather didn't come out. Lili tried not to be worried since she doesn't care about her, but she couldn't help this nagging feeling that something was wrong.

She cautiously made her way to the locker rooms to see if they were still there. When she entered the showers, all she saw was a little trail of blood going down the drain. She looked around and there was no sign of Billy or Heather.

She walked out and to the pool house where Cory was.

"Cory," she caught his attention. "Do you know where Billy or Heather went?"

"What do you mean?" Cory asked. "Are they not here?"
"Well that's why I'm asking," Lili said. "I don't know where they are."

"Well I don't either," Cory shrugged. His hard expression turned into a mischievous one. "We can look togeth-"

"Bye," Lili said quickly, pushing off the counter and rolling her eyes. She sighed. Billy really did move on quickly. She couldn't help the small tears that fell. Soon, she was sobbing uncontrollably as she sat down on a lone bench.

How could Billy do this? They were good. Everything was going good. What did she do last night that made him so mad?

Lili was home alone when her shift ended. She opened the curtains of her room and opened the window. She loved the warm summery breeze that flowed into her room.

She played some ABBA, something she likes to cry to. She didn't feel like laying on her bed so she sprawled out on the hardwood floor.

"Chiquita, tell me what's wrong," the song sang.

"Everything," Lili mumbled as if the song could hear her.

"You're enchained by your own sorrow," the song taunted. "In your eyes there is no hope for tomorrow."

"That's real reassuring," Lili mumbled. By now, she was just talking to herself. She started to sob once more, not caring that her tears rolled off her cheeks and into her ears. She could feel her hair sticking to the side of her head.

"Chiquitita, you and I know how the heartaches come and they go and the scars they're leaving," the ladies of ABBA sang.

"I know!" Lili cried. This is what she liked to do when she's sad. She talks to ABBA. She knows it's weird and a little unsettling, but it's something that soothes her. Before Robin or Sue, Lili had no friends at all. So she'd talk to songs. At least they say something back.

"Sing a new song, Chiquitita," the soft melody danced around Lili's room. Lili thought to herself. Billy couldn't have moved on so soon. Something is seriously wrong. He wouldn't do that, she knew the boy hidden by the brute. He loved her. He loved her. And she loved him. There was no way he would leave her like this.

Thinking about her heartbreak, Lili accidentally fell asleep on the hardwood floor.

"Hey!" Lili heard a loud voice. She woke with a start. She recognized the voice to be Hopper's.