𝟭𝟱| 𝘼𝙈𝘼'𝙎 𝙁𝘼𝙑𝙊𝙍𝙄𝙏𝙀 𝙆𝙉𝙄𝙁𝙀

[ I apologize in advance for my shitty writing, I really need to learn how to write action scenes better lol

[ I apologize in advance for my shitty writing, I really need to learn how to write action scenes better lol. ]

Lili ran faster than she has ever ran in her entire life. Who knows where the kids may be and who knows if they're safe. All her mind was on was El and how she hoped that she didn't bleed out from the claw in her leg. The fate of her sister drove Lili to run faster and faster until her legs screamed for her to stop and give up.

Lili came to a messy stop, her arms flailing as she tried to slow down her speed. She hunched over and started to dry heave. Shit, Lili thought. I pushed myself too far.

A crash sounded behind her. Lili suppressed a scream and turned around abruptly to look at the noise. Her eyes scanned the empty street, lit only by a dim lamp post. Wind blew her hair from her shoulder to flapping behind her. She shivered, this wasn't supposed to happen during summer nights.

She let out a soft breath, but then her feet were pulled out from under her. She fell to the wet ground with a grunt. The side of her face hit the edge of a pothole and she felt her cheek sting. Her eyes pricked with tears as she slowly raised her head. Her eyes picked something up in their peripheral, it looked to be an outline of a man.

Lili turned to her back suddenly, as if she was going to catch him off guard. But he was gone. She felt her breathing become uneven and she scrambled to her feet, eager to get away. To her stomach's dismay, she ran faster than before.

On the way, she was passing the grocery store that Billy took her that night when Neil hit him. She didn't bother with it since it was just a normal store, but the broken glass on the floor caught her attention. She stopped running again and slowly stepped towards the dark store.

At the entrance, she was careful not to step on the sharp pieces. It was dead quiet in the store, it was eerie. Lili peeked around some displays and looked into the aisles, but no one was there. She was about to walk back out and chalk it all up to a robbery, but blood stopped her.

Down an aisle, by the meat cooler, was a small puddle of blood. There was a bowl and a cloth that was still fresh with antiseptic. Lili knelt down and looked at the cloth, then the blood. The blood started to move but before she could get a good look, the sound of someone stepping on glass made her head snap back to the front. Lili recognized who it was right away.

Billy.

Lili quickly hid behind another aisle, slowly peeking back into the one where it had, she guessed, El's blood. Billy didn't looked at anything else but the pool of blood as he knelt down to examine it, much like what Lili did. She watched in anticipation as Billy dipped his fingers in the red pool and examined them.

Lili's arm brushed the handle of a broom and it fell to the floor with a loud clang. Billy's eyes snapped up just in time to see the tips of blonde hair escape back behind the aisle. He stood up and slowly started walking towards Lili, where she gulped and held her breath.