Chapter- Twenty Six

Khushi was standing at the poolside, looking into the calm water of the swimming pool. 

"Good evening." Arnav hugged her from behind, inhaling her sweet scent

"Evening." 

"What are you doing here?" Arnav asked

"Watching, thinking, contemplating." Khushi whispered.

Arnav turned her to face himself. "You're beautiful." He breathed against her lips.

Khushi's breath hitched, an indistinct hue of redness spread through her face. "Arnav" She gasped breathlessly, clutching the front of his shirt.

Arnav pulled her closer, securing her in his arms before gently placing his lips on hers. He watched as Khushi closed her eyes, leaning into his touch. Arnav took her lower lip between his and began sucking.her lip before moving on to her upper lip. 

Khushi kissed him back, pouring all of her love into the kiss. They devoured each other, exploring each and every nook and corner of each-others' mouths.

Minutes later, they parted in need to respire. Their foreheads pressed together as they regulated their breathing. "You okay Hazel?"  Arnav asked panting.

Khushi nodded, her face shining a bright shade of red. 

"I love you." Arnav confessed, kissing her cheeks making Khushi smile.

"I love you too." Khushi replied cutely.

"Let's get ready, or we'll be late for the reception party." Arnav said 

Khushi nodded in agreement and walked inside the room. A lilac colored ball gown was hanging in front of her on the closet.

"Must have arrived when we were outside." Arnav commented. "Do you like it?

"It's beautiful." Khushi whispered in a trance. 

Arnav smiled. "Get ready."  

Khushi looked at him, "What about you?" She asked.

"I'll take the guest room with Jiju & Akash." He informed her.

About an hour later, Arnav was standing in the hall talking to his father when he heard the sound of anklets from the top of the stairs. He looked up only to find himself lost in the beauty of his newly wedded wife. She was looking like a fairy descending from the heavens above in her off-the-shoulder ball gown. Her hair were tied in a messy bun with a few loose tendrils falling freely on her face. Diamond earrings were shining in her ears, neck adorned  with her mangal sutra and a pinch of vermilion in her parting. Her wrists were adorned with blood-red bridal-bangles. 

Arnav found it almost impossible to tear his gaze away from her as she took careful steps down the staircase. His sister and sister in law were accompanying her. 

"Chotte" Arvind nudged him, not getting a response from his son.

"She's ethereal." Arnav whispered in amazement and walked up to her to escort her down the stairs.

Arvind smiled. "Indeed."

"