Dark dreams- part 17

Now, I know that I am left simply, to the world's eyes, dead; yet my Sib conscious is all I can hear. A familiar voice rings in my head-

Ashton's voice.

The boys' voices.

'I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make, we put the world away..

We get so disconnected,' the words are fake. I know I can't hear it truly.

But a guitar sounds.

Voices chant on,

'You are my getaway, you are my favorite place, we put the world away..

We get so disconnected,'just one voice sings this time.

I can't take this anymore.

My body aches with pain and I scream. I scream until I feel alive, until I can see red, until the singing stops.

Ashton is the only thing I can see.

His tattooed neck, arms, biceps.

His piercing, his hair.

Like I just awoke from the dead, I shoot up: still screaming!

'Rebecca!' he yells.

'Rebecca!' I hear again.

I'm soothed as he grabs me and pulls me into his arms, cuddling me like I'm his world- but that's a stupid thought, I learned  to NEVER be someone's world.

As soon as you are, you are the main target, anybody could destroy you, a missile, anything could break you..

no one would give a crap though.

'Calm down,' Ashton whispered.

'How did I get here,' I asked blatantly, no longer caring about my life. Wanting to lay down, that was all, waste my years smoking, partying, drinking, taking drugs. Waste it.

'You! We found you, we tracked him-'

'Oh my god my dad was there and so was Mali-Koa, I can't do this Ashton please just oh god I don't want to live,' I cut him short.

'I know people who want you alive, never say that...'

That shocked me.

Nobody does care, really..