|17|

The cold, night breeze hit my face as I leaned against the balcony. I looked out onto the horizon and I saw a deep purple with a line filled with orange, yellow and even red. Things looked so much more beautiful when I became a vampire. Orange looked like a small fire and shades of blue seemed more vibrant, and black seemed alot more deeper. I kept looking at the sunset until the orange disappeared completely, leaving me in darkness.

"Kim?" I heard Jack's voice from behind me.

I turned to see Jack standing behind me, light from the kitchen surrounding his figure. His hair was messier and jeans were hanging dangerously off his hips. I blushed slightly as I was the reason for that. I could see his shirt laying on the kitchen floor from where I was.

Chuckling, I turned my attention back to the sky, hoping that Jack would just leave me alone to process my thoughts. Every chance of that disappeared when he walked up behind me, I turned around to tell him I wanted to be by myself, but the words got stuck in my throat.

"Jack what are doing here?" I asked trying to keep him from asking me what was wrong. I felt stupid for asking that. He lives here so of course he'd be out here.

"I live here Kim." He said, chuckling slightly."What are you doing out here?"

"Just relaxing." I said. Jack raised his eyebrow at me and I sighed before letting everything spill out of my mouth. "Ok, I'm tired of wearing black clothes all the time and having the constant urge to rip everybodies throats out."

"It's alright, it gets easier, I promise. And what you did with the blood bag earlier, I couldn't do that when I first turned, bearing in mind it was people back then, but you get the idea." Jack rubbed my shoulder and I rested my head on his shoulder as him arm snuck around my waist.

"So, you really think I can do this?" I asked.

"Of course I do, we just need to make sure you can control yourself on blood bags before you can start hunting with me." Jack explained. "And before you can go home."

I felt tears prick my eyes. I knew I wouldn't be able to go home just yet, I didn't even know if I'd be able to convince Mom to let me in without her thinking something was up. I took a deep breath, careful not to let the tears fall from my eyes. I felt Jack's body shift slightly and soon I was staring into his eyes.

"What?" I mumbled, trying not to look at him.

"I know you're upset but I have to make sure because...Well, I didn't want to tell you this, but there are some undercover slayers in Seaford and I don't want them to find you." Jack whispered softly. Slayers? How come he'd only told me this now?

"Ok." I sighed. "Thanks."

"Hey." He put his hand under my chin and lifted it up to his eyes. "I'll always be looking out for you."

I opened my mouth to say something but the words got lost along the way. His hand left my chin and trailed down my arm to my hand, enterwining them.

"Come on." He said, tugging on my hand, taking me to the kitchen and down to a room I'd never been in before. It was dark and a single light was hanging from the ceiling. The wooden steps creaked under our feet as we walked down them. Jack turned the light on and it was dimmer than most lights in the house, but I could see well enough.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking around. I shot Jack a confused look upon seeing a small fridge in the middle of the room. I felt my mouth water as Jack opened the lid and I saw blood bags piled inside the fridge. I took a deep breath and stayed where I was as Jack picked up one blood bag.

"Do you trust me?" Jack asked, coming towards me with the blood bag, I leant back slightly, not wanting to leap forwards and rip it out of his hands.