|16|

Jack I'm sorry." I said for the millionth time as Jack dragged me inside his house. I winced as his grip tightened on my wrist. He hadn't said a word to me since he saw me this morning. I screwed up and that I'd have to carry with me for the rest of my eternal life.

"Kim, just go and get the blood off, and then go to sleep." Jack grabbed both of my wrists and pulled me towards him. I trembled slightly as I looked at his eyes. I didn't like it. They were cold, hard and angry.

"I'm sorry." I whispered a final time, disappearing into the bathroom, locking the door as Jack walked off to his bedroom.

I grabbed two towels off the rack and slipped my dress off, horrified to see a darker stain on my chest area. I threw it on the floor in disgust. I caught a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror hanging on the right wall. My collarbone was filled with dried blood and it was smeared all over my teeth and lips, and it was underneath my fingernails.

I turned the shower on and slipped my bra and underwear off and stepped in the shower once it warmed up. I grabbed some shampoo and started scrubbing furiously at my scalp. I repeated the process with the conditioner and waited for it to wash out of my hair.

"So stupid." I cursed myself as I scrubbed at the blood on my face and collarbone with the soap. The smell of the blood pouring down the drain triggered my fangs again and I cried out as they flew from my gums. It felt like my jaw had become unhinged. I looked at myself in the small mirror after wiping the condensation off. I looked like a monster. My eyes were raven black and my eyes were pulsating as the veins continued to grow, and my fangs were peeking out from my closed mouth. I took a deep breath and I felt my face shift back to normal.

I turned the shower off and stepped out, wrapping one towel around my body and grabbed another one and wrapping it around my hair while I dried my body off.

I ran the towel through my dripping hair, ringing it out and I slowly made my way back into the dark bedroom. My eyes locked on Jack's body as he continued to sleep. I could tell he was angry with me just by the way he slept. His features were frozen, and eventhough he looked peaceful, he was really raging inside. I could sense it. He was my sire so I felt everything he felt. Love, anger, and everything else.

I really didn't know what had come over me. All I know was that the blood had completely taken over my mind and controlled me. Which was exactly what I was afraid of and I really regretted it but there was nothing I could do to take it back. I'd taken an innocent person's life. Well I doubt he could be called innocent, the bastard did try and rape me, but I felt the guilt nonetheless.

I managed to tear my eyes away from Jack. I searched quietly through the wardrobe, deciding quickly on a pair of black jeans and a black bat wing t-shirt. After pulling them on, I quietly tip-toed into the other end of the bed and crawled in, pulling the sheets over me. I turned over on my side to face Jack but he had his back to me. I made to move my arm out so I could touch him, but I thought better of it as I felt a surge of anger come off his body. It hurt me, but I guess I deserved it. I did sneak out and I did kill someone.

"Fine, be that way." I huffed quietly and I turned over so our backs were facing.

I couldn't help but feel a little bad as I felt his emotions change. By now they were running sky-high and anger and sadness were the dominant ones, while love and happiness were pushed to the back of his mind.

I didn't like this at all. It felt like he was abandoning me. Wasn't he supposed to help me now I was a vampire, and his responsibilty. I shrugged it off and closed my eyes, trying to shake the hunger which would probably take over my life now Jack wasn't going to help me.