|4|

I sat on my bed, head in my hands. I was still trying to think how Jack could have taken a punch and showed no pain. I've always thought there was something strange about him ever since I first met him. I grabbed my phone off my windowsill and quickly texted Jack. I forgot I had his number.

To: Jack

From: Kim

Message: R u alright?

I pressed the send button and waited for a reply. I almost had a heart attack as my phone went off. I forgot it was that loud.

From: Jack

Message: Yea why wouldn't I b?

I texted back as fast as I could.

To: Jack

From: Kim

Message: Ricky looked like he punched u hard but u didn't feel anythin, can we talk?

From: Jack

Message: Sure, meet me at Circus burger in ten minutes. :)

I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed a jacket from my wardrobe. I stopped for a minute as I was out the door. Jack had said I was bleeding before, but I'd only just realised I couldn't find a cut when I'd gone to bandage it up. He said I was bleeding and my stomach did feel wet and sticky, but there wasn't anything there. Now I know there's something weird going on with him. I zipped up my jacket and walked out the door to Circus Burger. Mr. Anderson, you have some explaining to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was already sat at a booth before Jack came in. He looked, flustered somehow, and his hair was messy. He came and sat down next to me and put his hand on the table. I never noticed it before, but I saw a small silver ring with a black stone set in the middle. It looked nice I will admit that, but it looked a little too garish for me to wear. I looked at him again and the metallic smell was back again, it seemed stronger this time.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Jack's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"How'd you know I was bleeding?" I asked.

"It went through your shirt." He said. Ok, he wasn't lying on that one, I did find blood on my shirt, I remember having to find an insanely believable lie when Mom saw me.

"But." I continued. "I couldn't find a cut."

"Maybe you had Ricky's blood on you from when I hit him." Jack said.

I closed my eyes, trying to remember the flashback, I didn't hear a hit, I heard a thump, not a hit.

"You didn't hit him." I said, folding my arms.

"Yes I did Kim." He said, he seemed like he was getting angry, but I couldn't tell.

"No y-"

"I know you." An old lady's voice cut me off. I couldn't tell wether she was talking to me or Jack.

"Excuse me?" Jack said, standing up.

"You haven't aged, a day." She continued. Haven't aged a day, what's she talking about?

"I've, gotta go...see the dentist now bye." Jack said uncomfortably, getting up out of his seat. I followed, hot on his tail.

"Jack where are you going?" I knew something was definetly going on now. Old people don't normally lie about things.

"Home." He responded flatly, walking off and leaving me in the courtyard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in Art and I had begun drawing again. Whenever I do, it's like my mind just takes over and is sending little messages to my hands, telling it which lines to make hard or soft, or how light or dark I need to shade things. I'm wierd like that.

I looked at my page once I'd stopped drawing. It was of Jack, but this time he had veins around his eyes and his eyes looked angry. He looked like a monster. I looked around for him, but he wasn't there, he hadn't been all day. This was my last lesson. I walked out of school once the bell rang and out to the mall. I felt like shopping for some strange reason. I walked up to the door, I was about to open it when I saw two men. Both large and with tattoos, they were drunk. I ran off, ignoring their shouts.

"Slow down gorgeous!" One of them yelled.

"Nice ass!"

Suddenly the men were right behind me, one of them stepped in front of me, blocking my path. My heart skipped a beat and I tried to move around him.

"Not so fast sweetheart." One of them crooned, grabbing my arm so I couldn't move.

"Yeah, we were talking to you. Oh, no wonder you didn't hear us, blondes are stupid." The other one jeered, from behind me, flicking my hair. he obviously didn't have an ounce of sense. He's the dumb one, straight C's in everything thank you very much you little shit.

I looked around for someone to help, the mall was normally packed with people. There was no one there.

"Leave me alone." I said, trying to keep the fear out of my voice, praying they would go away and I wouldn't end up pregnant and the hands of two...whatevers.

They laughed. "Why should we?"

"Because she asked you to." Jack was standing right behind him, his timing impecable as always.

"Jack." I almost passed out from relief.

"I think she asked you to leave her alone." Jack repeated. His tone was different, he didn't seem like himself.

Without warning, both men swung their fists at Jack. He took them like they were nothing and punched one in the stomach. I heard a cracking sound as one hit the floor. The second one took one look at Jack and ran. I couldn't see his face because I'd ran behind him before the man hit the ground.

"Come one, let's get you home." He whispered, taking my hand in his as we walked off together.