|25|

Slayers.

The word revolved around and around my head. Would they kill us? How had they found us? I was just glad Mom was no longer a part of them. Thanks to Jack. I pricked up my ears and heard the sound of rustling. Jack suddenly jumped infront of me and Grace. He turned around and had a stake sticking out of his chest. He greyed and fell to the ground.

Grace screamed at the sight of him, and I grabbed her wrist and pulled her up the hill. I wasn't worried, it took him a few minutes to wake up, and by then the slayers would hopefully have been fooled, and dead knowing Jack.

"Kim, what about Jack?" Grace said. "He's dead!"

"He won't be, trust me." I said. Her jaw dropped open.

"How?" She asked.

"Grace. Just go back to your house, I'll phone you when Jack and I get out of here, but for now just go." I said.

"Ok, be careful." Grace and I hugged and I watched as she ran off.

I turned my attention to where Jack was laying lifeless. I needed him to wake up, I thought for a second it could have been pine wood, but I saw his hand moved and I was relieved. He got up and pulled the stake out of his chest, just as the slayers assembled around him.

"... Is it possible?" I caught their conversation.

"You have shit aims." Jack chuckled. "And you have three seconds to live."

Jack suddenly sped forward and snapped one of their necks. There was about ten of them, but he could beat them any day. I winced and turned away as Jack punched one of them in the side of the head and it came off, blood spattering over him. I spun around as I heard a rustle behind me, and a twig snapped.

A slayer came into view, and I wasted no time, speeding forward and snapping his neck. I heard the shouts of the slayers as they saw me. I jumped down from the hill and landed next to Jack.

"What to we do!" I whispered urgently.

"Kill them." Jack responded simply. "Before they kill us. You take half, I'll take half."

I nodded and Jack sped off and a few chased him. I was left with four facing me. Their eyes were menacing as they tapped their stakes against their palms. I knew Bethanne wasn't amongst them. Jack and I had killed her when we escaped her and my Mom. I turned my attention back to the slayers.

One of them went to stake me from behind, I caught his arm and twisted it around his back. I grabbed the stake out of his hands, and then rammed it into his neck, hearing a squelch as it came out the other side. I dropped his body, ran and bit into another one. I didn't care that the nightshade was burning my throat.

I dropped him once he was dead, and two more circled me. I clenched my fists and punched one of the men as they came forward. His head didn't come off like when Jack punched him, but I heard his neck break. The sound of bones crunching made me feel sick, but I had to get over it. I was fighting for my life here!

I was snapped out of my daze as a slayer flew through the air, and landed a few feet away from me. Jack and another one were grappling in a mid-air jump and when they landed, Jack shoved his hand in the man's ribcage, and pulled out his heart. He stood up and brushed himself off.

Jack was covered in mud and blood. I could tell by the scent it wasn't his. He gave me a weak smile before running behind me to snap a slayers neck. He was tiring, but luckily he was like a bull in a ring; he wouldn't give up until the man was down. I joined back in the fight, and grabbed a slayer by his throat, and slammed his head on the ground, putting all my weight on his body. I let go as his neck snapped.