|18|

Pregnant.

That single word was the only thing that was on my mind at the moment. How could I be pregnant? Jack said and I quote: "Vampires can't procreate." So, I was seriously freaking out. But at the same time, I was worried what Mom would think, and will the baby be a vampire?

I turned to lay on my side and Jack wrapped his arms around me and I scooted closer to him, hugging him as hard as I could, like I didn't want to let him go. I was so scared. I couldn't have a baby, for one I wasn't even eighteen, and two, I'm not supposed to be able to carry children. And how could I have a baby when I didn't even know what I wanted to do with my life, wether I wanted to get a job or not? And I'm still in school, and Jack wasn't even supposed to be able to procreate and I wasn't supposed to be able to even carry children..

"What am I going to do now?" I asked out loud. "I won't kill my baby or give it up for adoption. No way." I shook my head.

"We'll have the baby Kim." Jack whispered in my ear, stroking my back. "And we'll start a family. I don't know how this happened, but I'm glad it did, and I'm not leaving you, ever."

I smiled up at him, feeling tears forming in my eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too." He rested his chin ontop of my head. "I'll take care of you, I promise."

"Thank you." I replied, trying to relax, but I just couldn't. One thing was still on my mind. How did Jack know I was pregnant? I turned my head up in his direction and he was asleep. I bit my lip to hold in a giggle. I guess I'd have to ask him tomorrow. I fell asleep to the sound of Jack's 'purring' He always knows how to make me feel better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of an alarm beeping and slammed my hand down on it. I was surprised it didn't break. I opened my eyes and it took me a while to realise where I was, I was in a library of some sort. It wasn't the one at school because it looked too old, and it wasn't the one by my house as there were no computers. I looked around and the lights went out.

Something was wrong...really wrong.

I tiptoed quietly over to the door and I heard some voices. Both male, and both sounded angry.

"What are you even doing here!" That was definetely Jack's voice. I could hear his veins growing as the growl became more emminent in his voice.

"I love her and she loves me!" Ricky I thought in my head. For some reason he still hadn't gotten it into his thick head that I don't love him, and killing me without knowing I had vampire blood in my system, really isn't going to do him any favours and it'll just fuel how much I hate him.

"I'll believe that when I turn human again, meaning never!" Jack growled at Ricky.

"Well then I'll just kill you, if I can't have her then you can't." Ricky was bluffing wasn't he? No...he wouldn't kill Jack...would he? I pushed open the door with my vampire strength and I heard the sickening squelch of a stake entering Jack's heart. I looked at him and he was sprawled on the floor at an odd angle. His hair was messy and his skin was an odd grey color with his veins sticking out all over his body. His eyes were cold and angry, the lights in them had completely vanished, leaving behind just plain brown.

He was dead.

I collapsed on the floor next to Jack's body and I started to cry for that was all I could do, scream and cry as the father of my baby and my boyfriend was dead.

"No!" I shot up in bed feeling dizzy and sick. I ran my hand through my hair and looked around. I sighed in relief. It was only a dream. But even so that was some dream. Did it mean anything? No...it was probably just my fear talking. It had to be, there's no way Ricky could possibly kill Jack without any help from anyone else.