|9|

I awoke to the sunlight streaming in from the window, stabbing right into my eyelids. Jack's arms were locked tightly around my waist. I looked at Jack, he was still sleeping. It was hard to believe that a vampire could look so innocent. His eyes were moving behind his eyelids and his brown hair was strewn across the pillows. I can only wonder what Mom would say if she walked in on us and found us in bed together. Knowing her, she'd probably hammer on about protection and I'd have to get Drake to draw on the walls to shut her up.

I looked at Jack a final time before deciding he'd slept long enough and I needed him awake. I cupped the side of his face and placed little kisses on his face. I was caught off guard as Jack's hand wrapped gently around my throat and pinned me underneath him, pressing his body against mine.

"Morning." He smiled at me, his thumb stroking circles around the side of my neck while his other hand was stroking my hair. I closed my eyes, relaxed by it.

I opened my eyes to see Jack bend down and his lips met mine, I added a little pressure to the kiss and so did Jack, making me melt in his grip. Pretty soon Jack's hands were up by my hair, weaving his fingers into each strand.

"Morning." I whispered as he pulled away. "What time is it?"

"7:00am." Jack said casually, rolling over on his side, wrapping me in a hug.

"Jack, I have to tell you something." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Do you remember when you asked who hit me?" I asked.

"Yeah." Jack narrowed his eyes.

"It was Donna, she'd came up to me after you'd left to go hunting yesterday and she slapped me saying I knew she liked you and that I'd pay for it." I waited for Jack's expression.

"I know, she always flirts with me, it's gross." Jack scrunched his face up and I laughed. "Don't worry, she lays a hand on you I'll get my fangs out so fast she won't even have time to scream."

"I wonder what she'll actually do." I wondered out loud.

"Hmmmn, we can only wonder." Jack said. "I am so glad we don't have school today."

I nodded. We had a day off because they were repainting the corridors and today was the only day we could get it done. Much to the principles protest. But I was happy, at least I'd be away from Donna and with Jack.

"What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Sleep." Jack sounded like he was joking but I couldn't tell.

I laughed and grew annoyed as I heard my phone ring.

"Sorry.." I frowned outstretching my arms to grope for my phone.

"Looking for this?" Jack smirked at me and held up my phone, holding it away from me as I went to get it.

"Jack!" I grunted in frustration as I landed on his chest. "Give it."

"Hmmmn, no." He smirked at me.

"Jack give it, they'll probably hang up soon!" I went for it a second time and he threw it into his other hand.

"So, if it's Donna she'll just have a bit of payback from when she kept hanging up when you called her." Jack said.

"Jack." I whined a final time. I watched as he sighed in resignation and handed me my phone. I kissed him quickly and rolled onto my back. My face twisted in confusion as I read "Unknown Number"

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

Nothing.

"Hello..?" I asked again.