Ch8 ~ Shopping

Day 1 part 4 ~ 21/08/19 ~ 3pm onwards
Outside again, we had no idea where to go, so decided to just follow the road. We talked as we walked about looking for this shopping centre, which we had never even heard of before. We must of walked round this loop about 5 times, before Tom had the great idea to use google maps. I thought to myself, why didn't I think of that in the first place as it seems like the most logical idea.
We followed his phone to this gigantic shopping centre, which was definitely not round the corner, more like a half an hour away. We looked through quite a few shops for balloons, talking while looking and plotting what we would do to our siblings.

After around 2 hours of sleep walking around the mall in circles and hunting for water balloons, we decided it was time to abandon our mission and give up our plans for a water balloon attack today, saying we would 100 % do it at some point this h...

After around 2 hours of sleep walking around the mall in circles and hunting for water balloons, we decided it was time to abandon our mission and give up our plans for a water balloon attack today, saying we would 100 % do it at some point this holiday. We had looked round the whole place and couldn't find a single shop with water balloons for sale, not even one shop!
We slowly trudged home, the French sun pelting down on our pale English skin, sad, from our failed mission, but happy due to are upbeat and hilarious conversations. We walked home exhausted but still consistently laughing and chatting, then stumbled across another shopping centre when we were about 5 minutes from home.

We had passed it on the way here by taking a short cut to the other mall, then walked all the way to the other place and round it, when this had literally been just round the corner! Toms mum had been right, while we had accidentally been really s...

We had passed it on the way here by taking a short cut to the other mall, then walked all the way to the other place and round it, when this had literally been just round the corner! Toms mum had been right, while we had accidentally been really stupid and missed it.
'One last time?' I asked Tom, wanting to check this place out.
'Would never opt out of out mission! Mission a go go, Houston!' He replied, acting like he was a astronaut radioing NASA. Which earlier we had talked about how cool that would actually be!
We both laughed and went into the air-coned entrance, enjoying being out of the sun for a bit. We walked around, going in the occasionally shop, before we found the place, that we had been looking for all day, a shop that sold water balloons! Inside they had millions of water balloons, every size, colour and brand. We spent our money on lots of different types of them, wanting lots of them to attack our sisters.
We walked out of the shopping centre happy, we had got what we had wanted and had a equally fun day, which we had both not expected at all.
By the time we were back down our road, it was already 7pm! Meaning we had spent all our day out shopping and enjoying the neighbourhood and sunshine.
We both agreed it was now too late for a water fight and planned to use all the water balloons on the next sunny day we had when we were around the villa and not going out into Paris, which we would most day! We were still excited to annoy Jodie and Hazel, as much as we could, but willing to put it on hold so we could have a whole day of it!