Chapter 27 - A Break In The Action

Prophecy:

Order rises from its chains,

End cannot be restrained,

Heroes of the past face ancient evil,

The cost of life shall stop upheaval.

Allies will be unmasked,

And Death will be tasked

Previously

"Oh, my gods," Hazel voiced the reactions of many people. Percy Jackson. Percy Jackson. Perseus 'two-time savior of Olympus' Jackson, was helping them with the war. They have been looking for Percy for the past 825 years, and he was taunting them. It was like a word that was on the tip of your tongue, you knew it, but couldn't reach it.

"Really?" Estelle asked, looking excited. "Was he lying?"

Grover quickly shook his head. "I would be able to sense if he were lying. It was the truth," he said firmly, leaving no room for argument.

"Percy Jackson," Reyna had a small smile on her face. "What are we going to do with you?"

Now

The dramatic silence was interrupted when Theron ran out of apple juice. The slurping noise of the empty box filled the room, causing everyone's gaze to turn to him.

"Dammit," Theron muttered, throwing the empty box at Mercy. "One second."

The Commander summoned another box of juice and quickly got back into position. "Okay, good to go."

Chiron cleared his throat, allowing the gazes of the others to turn toward him. "As much as I would like to discuss...Perseus, I believe we have a prophecy to discuss?" he looked at Annabeth who regained her composure and stood up. 

"Yes," Annabeth nodded. "So the first to lines of the prophecy, Order rises from its chains, End cannot be restrained are about the Primordials we will be fighting in this war."

Uneasy murmurs were thrown around the room until they were stopped when someone banged their hand against the table, calling for silence.

"Shut it you brats!" Clarisse bellowed, causing a few campers to squeak. It looks like she made a reputation for herself. "We will win this war just as we won the last three. And if you think otherwise, then you might as well hand yourselves over to the enemy now!"

Nobody moved and Clarisse smirked. "That's what I thought. All of you are obsessed with Percy Jackson and his quests, but did you all honestly think that he just flicked his wrist and all of the world's problems went away?" the campers leaned forwards. The Immortal Campers rarely talked about Percy Jackson. "Well, you're wrong. People died, including that guy over there," she pointed at Michael, who was sitting and talking quietly with Will and Nico. "I don't know how you're alive, Yew, but I'm not complaining. We lost friends, family, but in the end, we won."

The room took in the words of the daughter of Ares. Nobody made a noise. 

Except for Theron.

"Wow," Theron stood up and started clapping his hands. "That was a great pep talk. Seriously, you guys should take notes."

Stardust sighed and put her head in her hands. 

"Though, I don't know why you keep on complementing this Percy Jackson guy," Theron rubbed his imaginary beard. "He didn't do that much."