magnolia •two

...

NYSSA

(Four years and three months on the Isle of the Lost)

A year ago today was the day I found Inizio. Since I didn't know his real birthday, the day I found him in the basket become that day. I threw a party for him and invited many, especially parents with children around his age. There was the Evil Queen and her daughter Evie, Ursula and her daughter Uma, Jafar and his son Jay, Gaston and all his sons, and of course my mother, sisters, nieces and nephews.

Many more were invited, like sons and daughters of henchmen or children that were brought by other people.

I had invited Maleficent as well, since she herself has a daughter, but I doubt she would turn up. If I didn't invite her I knew I would be in grave trouble.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, almost forgetting their lives were the worst. I had the children in a playpen that Gaston made as a birthday present.

There was one person I never expected to see there. He snuck in and set down a tiny beautiful baby, with little purple hair in her head, inside the playpen with the others. No one else may have noticed him but I did. Taking a cup of the Evil Queen homemade apple cider that she made and brought and I made my way over to where Hades leaned on. He stood up straight when he saw me approach and I handed him the drink.

"Welcome to the party, God of the Underworld." Nyssa greets with a mocking like tone and slightly joking bow. Hades lifted the cup up as his way of greeting back. "Now, not that I'm not complaining about you being here, because the more the merrier, but I don't remember inviting you considering no one really knows where you live."

"What can I say? I crash parties wherever I go." Hades says with a cool expression.

"Do you always crash a party with a baby?" Nyssa asks. Hades choked while drinking and started coughing violently. Nyssa patted his back until he calmed down.

"What are you taking about? I just came here for the free food and drinks." Hades says, clearly an excuse, but Nyssa saw right through it.

"You couldn't have gotten in with an invitation, where did you get one?" Nyssa asks, her eyes not leaving Hades. He didn't answer, so Nyssa continues while pointing at every guest.

"Everyone that I have invited are here and I'm great at remembering things. The one person who isn't here is the all powerful, Mistress of Evil. And she just so happens to have a daughter too." Nyssa explains and sips her drink. Hades gulped a little and tried avoiding eye contact. Nyssa smirks and looks at the baby girl Hades brought, how was playing with Uma and Inizio.

"She looks like you." Nyssa said softly. Hades finally looks at Nyssa and his face softens at her words. "What's her name?"

Hades looks at the little girl that is his own daughter and fought back a smile. He looks deep into Nyssa blue mixed with grey eyes.

"Mal. Her name is Mal."

That was the first time I had met Mal and though she may not remember me, I remember her. She was Hades' only joy in life and though he may not admit it to me in the many years I will be knowing him, I can see it in his eyes. Mal meant the world to him.

.