magnolia •nine

...

NYSSA

(Five years and eleven months on the Isle of the Lost)

I didn't think I would have to fulfill my promise. It was a sad day on the Isle, sadder than it had ever been and I stand there in all black. Gently, I rock the newborn girl in my arms. She slept through the grey clouds and the rain falling. She would not meet her mother, but she will learn through me.

Calista said she wouldn't survive this birth and she was right. She was put in a beautiful white dress, her best dress, and laid inside a wooden casket.

James Hook, Hook stood over the body of his deceased wife and I knew he was trying to hold back tears. I did my best to do the same. Next to me was my sisters, Anastasia held Hadie and Drizella held Inizio. They did their best to comfort me and I love them for that.

I slowly make made my way to Hook. He had two of his pirates watching Harriet and Harry. He didn't look at me, but he knew it was me.

"She knew this would happen." Hook says. Nyssa looks down at the baby in her arms. The unnamed baby had Calista's eyes and light hair. A perfect imagine. "This child killed her." Hook says through gritting teeth.

"It's not her fault, James. You can not blame the child for this." Nyssa defends the baby. Hook looks at Nyssa with anger.

"Having this thing was the death of my wife, and I will be the death of it." Hook growls lifting his hook. He wasn't able to do much when someone caught his arm. Hook faced the person who stopped him. He saw Hades, who was not happy. Hades growls at Hook.

"Listen up, Hook. This is your wife's funeral, and this is her daughter!" Hades points to the baby. "Look at the baby and tell me you don't see your wife."

Hook did look, hestites, and Nyssa saw his eyes soften. The baby's eyes opened and Hook saw. It both comforts and pains him to once again see eyes like hers to open. All he saw was his beloved wife. Hook slowly lowers his arm and stares.

"You can't go on with your life and hate this child. She didn't mean to kill Calista. Calista loved her before she was even born." Nyssa says soothingly. "She needs you now more than ever."

"How am I ever going to raise daughters? Sons, yes, but daughters..." Hook asks. He was broken, alone once again. Calista primarily raised Harriet, but what is to happen now?

"I gave Calista my word that I would watch over them. I will help you, James." Nyssa says offering her help. She looks from Hook to Hades and Hades stares back.

"S-she..." Hooks voice chokes up a bit. "...told me if she had a girl, her name w-would be Jane, after her grandmother." Hook says. He wipes his eyes from any tears he has been holding in.

"Jane, not such a bad name." Nyssa says, soothing Hook. She places a hand on his shoulder. Hades did glare at the hand, not use to not having the attention of the beautiful woman. "Perhaps it can be the second name."

"What do you mean?" Hook asks.

"Calista Jane, CJ for short. A beautiful reminder of the most kind person anyone has ever meet." Nyssa explains to him. Hook nods in agreement.

"CJ Hook. Alright then." Hook agrees. "Thank you, Nyssa."

It was shocking to hear someone say thank you but Nyssa let it pass. She smiles at Hook.

"Would you like to hold her?" She asks holding the baby, CJ out.

"No." Hook answers. Nyssa has CJ returned close to her chest in comfort. She was surprised, she thought her words might have made him come to sense.

"You have to do it at some point." Nyssa says softly.

"I'm not ready now, I just need some time." Hook says.

"Of course. Even though it would be best to bond with your kids. If you'd like, I can watch over them." Nyssa offers.

"You don't have to."

"I want to. You'll need all the help you can get. You pirates lack a certain skill."

"And that is?" Hook asks curiously.

"Motherly touch." Nyssa says looking down and rocking CJ back to sleep.

Don't worry, Calista. Your children will be safe, I will make sure of it.

Wherever you are now, I hope you're looking down and watching them grow. They'll hear stories about you and I'll keep your memory so green, they'll think it was always spring. You shall be remembered so young and kind.

You have nothing to worry. I will keep my promise to you.

.

IT'S SO SHORT SO I'M SORRY FOR IT BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

WHO SHOULD PLAY AN OLDER CJ?