magnolia •four

...

NYSSA

(Four years and eleven months of the Isle of the Lost)

I had made a deal with Hades. The way I said it probably sounds like I sold my soul, but that wasn't the case. Maleficent dropped off Mal with me for a few months and I had agreed to let Hades see her in secrecy. Hades and Maleficent hadn't made up... and I was silently hoping they don't. I didn't mean to start a crush on the God of the underworld, it just happened. These things happen.

Of course, Hades could never know.

Today, this day, was the day that changed my life. I had over the Hook siblings, Ursula's daughter Uma, Mal, Jafar's son Jay, and new baby Carlos De Vil. It was like every other time, I watched them, feed and charged them, and had some of them to sleep.

Hades would often sneak in around nap time, but today was different. He brought me a bunch of wilted flowers that in a few days I would have to throw out, sadly.

"These are for you." Hades says, handing Nyssa flowers that were about to die. Nyssa gladly took them and let him in. When she turned around after closing the door, Hades stood there was a bottle of rum that he probably stole from Captain Hook. He wiggled his eyebrows playful.

"What's that for?"

"We are celebrating." Hades exclaims, picking Nyssa up and spinning her.

"I can't drink now, I have children to watch over." Nyssa says, giggling like she use to. Hades pointed a finger in her face before walking away dramatic. He sat down and plopped his feet on her table.

"Then I shall wait until they are gone. We are celebrating tonight." Hades exclaims. Nyssa shakes her head playfully and goes to the playpen where Mal was playing with Uma. She picked Mal up and sat beside Hades with Mal on her lap.

"Tell me what we're celebrating." Nyssa says. Hades sat up and leaned in to talk to Mal. Mal reached over to her father. Hades lets her play with the rings he has on his fingers and looks up at Nyssa's eyes.

"It's a surprise." Hades says softly. He takes Mal into his arms and plants kisses all over her face.

I didn't know why I thought he would confess that he might have feeling for me. I was anxious to know and Hades refused to tell me no matter how many times I ask.

Eventually, the children were picked up. Mal was the last one as always. It was close to midnight and I put Inizio and Mal to sleep. Make sure that nothing could wake them up, I went downstairs and sat on the couch with Hades.

"So, what's this big news?" Nyssa asks crashing down besides Hades. He popped open the rum and took a swig of it before handing it to Nyssa. Nyssa only took a bit, not wanting to get drunk. At any minute, Maleficent might come knocking.

"First off, " Hades starts, wrapping an around Nyssa and pulled her close. "I wanna thank you for letting me see Mal when she was here. You took a risk even when Maleficent threatened you."

Hades pulls her close into a hug. She could feel his breath on her neck.

"...but now, you don't have to risk it." Hades says and pulls away from Nyssa, taking another huge chug of the rum. He passes it to Nyssa.

"Why is that?" Nyssa asks. As she took a drink of the rum, Hades drops the bomb.

"Maleficent and I are getting back together." The news made Nyssa almost choke as she drank. She patted her chest and tries to take a breath. When she looks at Hades, he saw the smile on his face and waited for his congratulations.

"Why?" Nyssa asks. Hades gave her a confused look.

"What do you mean why?"

"Do—do you love her?" Nyssa says without thinking. Hades looks at her.

"I love Mal and if being with her mother is what it takes to be in her life, then so be it." Hades says, taking a drink.

"Right...well...congrats, but I should check on the kids.." Nyssa says, pushing the rum back when he offered it back to her.

"No, no, no, no, no. You are staying with me and we are going to have a party of our own. They are fine asleep upstairs." Hades pulls Nyssa back down and hands her the bottle. Nyssa didn't think again and took a large portion.

So I drank and he drank. He drank for a happy occasion, while I did it to drown my feelings away. The rum was strong and soon I couldn't think straight, neither could Hades because he just spoke nonsense. By the time we finished the whole bottle, I was ready to pass out. It was almost midnight, so the lack of sleep and being drunk was getting to me.

I sobered up when I felt a pair of lips on my neck. All I could see was blue hair. Hades' face was so close to mine that I could smell the rum off his breath. He attached his lips to mine without think. I didn't pull away, not that I could anyways. Hades trapped my under his body.

One thing lead to another...

.