magnolia •eleven

...

NYSSA

(Same night/morning)

Nyssa walks lazily to her couch after a difficult time putting Hadie to sleep. She lays there and shuts her eyes when a loud knock came from the door. Nyssa groaned in refusal and stood up. The moment the door opens, it is pushed back and Hades walks in, looking around. He finally turns to Nyssa and grabs her by the shoulders.

"Are you all right?" Hades asks. Nyssa just stares at him like he was crazy.

"Hades, it's past midnight. What are you doing here?" Nyssa asks. Hades shuts the door and knocks it.

"I'm here to protect you. You might be in danger." Hades says making Nyssa even more confused.

"Protect me? Protect me from who?" Nyssa asks. Hades closes the blinds to after looking out of them to make sure no one followed him.

"I don't know! Maleficent? Anyone, really." Hades exclaims. Nyssa rubs her eyes tiringly.

"Hades..."

"I need to build a fence around the house, maybe get some stray dogs and train them to attack." Hades comes up with ideas.

"Hades..."

"Or you can come back to my place and I'll watch over you and the boys." Hades offers.

"Hades!" Nyssa yells, hopefully not loud enough to wake Inizio or Hadie. Hades shut himself up. Nyssa notices the dark circles under Hades' eyes. She smiles at his worrying and put a hand gently onto his cheek. Hades leans into it and closes his eyes tiredly. She says softly to him, "You should go to sleep."

"No, I can't leave you alone." Hades protests. Nyssa grabs his arm and leads him to the couch. She has him sit down and lay back onto a pillow.

"Sleep here for the night then. I can't have you going back to your place at this time at night." Nyssa tells him.

"I can't sleep." Hades mutters and looks down at his hands. "Everytime I do, I get these nightmares, awful ones."

"Do you want to talk about them?" Nyssa asks him.

"I don't want to scare you. Just forget what I said. Sorry to bother you, I'll just go." Hades went to get up but Nyssa pushes him back down.

"Oh no, you're not. I was serious, I can't have you walking around at this time at night. Now lay down and go to sleep." Nyssa orders him. Hades shakes his head.

"No, I have to protect you and your sons from possible danger." Nyssa only stares at him and Hades understood the stare. It was cute of him to try and win this discussion, but he knew he wasn't going to win. So he did as he was told. Nyssa sat down next to him and removes his boots. Hades shuts his eyes tiringly.

HADES

Hades walks endlessly through a marble hall. It was dark and the only thing to light it with was the flame torches. Nobody was in sight. It was so cold and abandoned.

He walked aimlessly around. He didn't know if this was a dream or a nightmare. He was about to find out soon.

The end of the hall finally come in the form of two large doors. Hades pushes them open, but soon regret it from seeing what was behind them

He saw bodies. Nyssa and six kids. Dead. They lay inside individual caskets. He choked at the sight.

The first was Nyssa. She was so pale and dark circles under her eyes. The next was two young boys, one of the looked just like Hades when he was young. The next four were girls, an older one and triplets. All of them had white cloths wrapped around their necks. Their necks had red marks, no doubt done by the cloth. It was horrifying for Hades to see. He was so sickened by it.

He fell on his knees in front of Nyssa and cried.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. Forgive me, forgive me." Hades says hoping an answer would come out, but no.

That's when he heard a cackle from far away. Hades tears his eyes away from the dead and follows the sound. There was another door and Hades opens it.

There sat Maleficent on a throne with a grin on her face, seemed satisfied. Next to Maleficent was a young girl with purple hair that was adorned with silver crown. The girl wore the same grin as Maleficent and held in her hands cloth. The same cloth that was around Nyssa's neck.

"You brought this on yourself, father." The girl spoke. Hades now knows who she was. This was Mal, or at least, an older Mal. Her eyes start to brighten up green and she hand her hand out facing him and
'WAAAH, WAAAAH, WAAAAH'

Hades bolted awake at the sound of baby cries. It must have been Hadie, from what Nyssa tells him, Hadie has trouble staying asleep.

When trying to stand, Hades notices how heavy his chest felt. But it wasn't him. There Nyssa was, asleep and using his chest as a pillow. Hadie continue crying upstairs. Hades gently grabs Nyssa's head and neck and slips out from under. He places her back down on the couch and stands. He stretches out a bit, cracking a few bones.

Hades quickly went upstairs and followed the sound of baby cry. Opening the door the cries grew louder and, as expected, Hadie was wailing. Inizio was also awake, but he didn't make a sound, just standing and holding onto the rails of his crib, watching his brother.

Hades went to Hadie and watched to see what was happening. He picks Hadie up and cradles him in his chest trying to soothe him. In Inizio's crib, he watches and makes little jumps in excitement. Hades smiles at the happy child and walks other. It took a bit to calm Hadie down but he did calm down.

Hades picks up Inizio and walks them back downstairs. Nyssa was still asleep so Hades made sure to be extra quiet. Of course, it didn't matter to the kids, because the moment they were able to see their mother, they made as much noise to get her attention. It was both adorable and unnecessary.

Hades had put Inizio in the playpen and Hadie in a little bed of his own with a musical mobile for him the play and listen. He laughs quietly as Hadie tries to reach up for the little blue flame plushy. He quietly stands and walks over to Nyssa.

He got on his knees and brushes away some hair from her face. She was truly beautiful, inside and out. He saw that. Nyssa was such a great mother, not just to her own children, but to the others on the Isle.

He smiles down at her and plants and soft kiss on her cheek. He knew one thing for sure. Someday, he is going to marry her.

.

WHAT ARE YOURS THOUGHTS? COMMENT ON WHAT YOU'RE THINKING.

WHO ARE THOSE OTHER KIDS IN HADES' DREAM?

I LIKE COMMENTS. COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT.