magnolia •three

...

NYSSA

(Four years and five months on the Isle of the Lost)

I watched over other children on the island and got paid for it. Hey, it pays for necessities. I didn't mind much, Inizio had others to play with since it was mostly babies I took care of. My occasional sitting involved watching over the Evil Queen, Grimhilde's, daughter Evie and Captain Hook's two children, Harriett and Harold.

I was happy to get the Hook children away from their drunken father for a few hours. Their mother was sweet though and my good friend. I could never believe that she was brought to this island.

Today was one of the days to babysit and I never expected Maleficent to walk through my door with a baby hanging in her arms. She looked at me and just beckons me forward to her.

"Mistress of Evil, a great pleasure to have you in my home." Nyssa flattered Maleficent. Maleficent nods and hands her the baby.

"Watch this nugget for me, will you? I have important things to do." Maleficent says. Nyssa cradles Mal in her arms and nods to Maleficent. She turns to the door to leave but turns back around with a murderess look on her face.

"And if I hear that anyone came to see my daughter today, I will make sure you and your whole family's lives are ruined. Do you understand?"

"Mistress of Evil." Nyssa says. Maleficent glares at the woman and leaves out the door. Nyssa looks down at Mal to see green eyes staring back.

"Your mommy is a bully, isn't she?" Nyssa says softly in a baby voice. "But she's lucky to have such an adorable baby girl like you. Aren't you adorable?"

Nyssa tickles Mal tummy, making the baby giggle. Nyssa smiles and place her gentle in the playpen with baby Harriett. Making sure they were alright, Nyssa went to check on the three sleeping children upstairs.

I had gone to check on Evie, Harry, and Inizio, who were still fast asleep in Inizio cradle. I did my rounds on the room before returning downstairs. Harriet and Mal played with blocks and talked baby style to each other. It was adorable.

Hours have passed of me feeding all five babies, change countless diapers (most of them Harry's), and singing a lullaby. But like every other time, the children went home. It was first the Hook siblings, being picked up by their mother. An hour later, it was Evie and she was strolling away is a carriage baby stroller. It was soon getting dark and no sign of Maleficent.

Mal laid asleep in the cradle with Inizio. Such a full day for a baby. I heard a loud knock on the door and thought it would be Maleficent, but I was wrong. I was met yet again with the tall, blue haired God. He had a bruise forming on his cheek.

"So, we meet again." Nyssa says, crossing her arms against her chest. Hades shakes him head.

"The she-devil said Mal would be here. Where is she?" Hades asks—more like demands. Nyssa opened the door wide to let him step in.

"Asleep upstairs. I'll go get her." As Nyssa was reaching the steps, Hades followed. She looked at him but shook away his action. She decided to inform him of Mal's day spent. "She was fed and changed, she had her naps in between it all, played well with the other."

"You take care of other people's children?" Hades asks. Nyssa nods, though her eyes could leave from the bruise on his face. Hades looked to the side to hide it. They had reached the door and Nyssa opened it. Hades got to see the room and it had made shadow lanterns, each making it's on shadow on the wall.

"Here she is." Nyssa says, breaking Hades out of his gaze and looks to where Mal slept. She seemed peace, unlike those night she would cry out whenever he and Maleficent screamed at each other or Maleficent refusing to soothe her, saying it will "toughen her out". Mal was here, having a restful night.

"Maleficent didn't send you, did she?" Nyssa ask softly to Hades, not looking away from her own son. She had remembered Maleficent's words early, all she had to do was connect the pieces. Hades looks at her and back at Mal.

"She said not to bother coming back or ever seeing Mali again." Hades mutters. Nyssa places at hand on his shoulder to add a bit of comfort. Hades saw a sad smile on Nyssa's beautiful face.

"Come on, I think I have an ice pack or at least something frozen in the kitchen for that cheek of yours." Nyssa whispers, leading Hades back downstairs. Hades looked at Mal one last time before joining the Tremaine woman downstairs. That action sealed his fate with hers.

I didn't really know I would be in his life, it just happened. Now I knew that our paths will cross every time. Whether it was because of Mal or Maleficent or any other person on this awful island. Hades was meant to take a part in my life and I was meant to help him.

.