7

Skai's POV 2 months later  (A/N: I know I'm doing a lot of time jumps in this story but I want to cover a long amount of time but also not have the book be like 60 chapters lol.)

"I gotta get back to work," Brandon said as he looked at his phone before getting out of bed. 

He came over for a quickie during his lunch break, which is kind of a typical thing. We never actually sleep over each other's places because were not a couple, but we're definitely having fun. We have basically a best friend relationship plus sex. 

"You know, it feels a little weird going back to work for your dad after the stuff we just did," he said laughing.

"Stop it, Brandon and don't you dare say anything to him," I warned. 

He rolled his eyes, "What would I possibly say to him that wouldn't end in me getting my ass kicked or fired?"

I laughed, "I don't know but just don't say anything." My mom knows that there's a Brandon in my life but not that he works for my dad at Roc Nation, and my dad knows nothing about anything and I'd like to keep it that way.

He just laughed and shook his head. 

We got our clothes on and I walked him to the door because I had to leave for my next class anyway. 

As soon as I opened the door my eyes widened, there stood Jayson, holding a bouquet of my favorite flowers. 

"Jayson, what are you doing here?" 

He looked and Brandon and just scoffed, "You know, never mind." 

I rolled my eyes, he really had some nerve being butt hurt about me having a guy over when it's been three months since we've broken up and I haven't seen or heard from him since. 

"So that's the ex?" Brandon asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I nodded, "That's the ex." 

"You ok?" he asked. 

"Yeah, I just...I don't know why he would come over here I haven't heard from him in a while." 

"Duh, he wants you back, Skai."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever it doesn't matter."

He put his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, you sure you're okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry about me. Don't you have to get to work?"

He smiled, "Right, I'll see you later," he said before giving me a quick but sweet kiss on the lips. 

--

As I sat in class I tried not to think about what happened earlier. First of all, about Jayson coming by. Why would he come over? Is Brandon right about him wanting me back? And second of all, about Brandon kissing me goodbye. We don't usually do that cause we're not together like that but maybe he feels more strongly about me than I do about him? Or maybe I feel the same way about him I just haven't admitted it to myself yet?

Ugh, I need a drink. 

My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to text Jayson, "What did you wanna talk about today?"

Jayson: It doesn't matter now.

I rolled my eyes. So overdramatic. 

Skai: 🙄 honestly miss me with the attitude. i gave u chance after chance, there no reason for u to be mad at me for having a guy over. ive been single for three months. 

It took about ten minutes for Jayson to reply to that.

Jayson: Ok, ur right. Im sorry. Do u wanna meet after ur classes today?