25

Shawn's POV 1 week later

I looked around my office to make sure that I had everything that I needed. I was going to be working from home for the foreseeable future until Beyoncé gets better. She's really in no condition to be taking care of the kids by herself and she's only getting worse.

It's not an ideal situation, but I have plenty of people beneath me in the company who I can delegate stuff to, and besides that, Bey and the kids are my #1 priority, and right now she needs me more than ever, whether she'll admit it or not.

I don't know what to do at this point, she barely sleeps, she doesn't eat, she's crying constantly. I can't remember the last time I looked into her eyes and didn't see tears in them. It broke me.

When I'm with her, it's like she's there, but she's not there. She's always in her thoughts, and when she's not, she's yelling, whether it's at me or at the kids.

I'm honestly scared out of my mind that she's going to hurt herself or one of the kids and I don't know what I can do. All know is, I want is my wife back, and she's getting the help that she needs whether she wants to or not, it's not optional anymore.

I got into the car and drove home, I left early, around 2 pm, after I had taken care of the last minute things I needed to, so the traffic was much lighter than usual.

When I arrived home it was strangely quiet, "Bey?!" I called out to no response.

I saw Marisa come over to greet me, "Daddy!" she said happily.

I smiled and bent down to pick her up, "Hi princess, do you know where mommy is?"

"She upstairs in her room."

"I'm gonna go say hi to her then I'll come play with you and Malcolm, okay?" I said, setting her down.

"Okay!" she nodded.

I opened the door and Beyoncé jumped a little bit when she saw me. She stared at me silently, with her red, puffy, tear-filled eyes.

"What are you doing?" I asked, noticing that she was packing a bag

"You're home early," she said, not looking at me, continuing to pack.

I took the bag out of her hands and set it down on the bed. "I asked what you're doing."

"I'm leaving, Shawn."

My eyes widened and I shook my head, "Leaving? Leaving for the night or leaving for good, Beyoncé?!"

When she didn't answer me I assumed the latter.

"You're just gonna fucking leave without saying anything? To me? To Skai? Does she know? You were just gonna leave three kids here by themselves?"

"Skai is coming over to watch them until you got home from work," she said, emotionlessly.

I chuckled bitterly and took out my phone and texted Skai telling her not to come over tonight. She didn't need to be involved in this mess.

As I texted Skai, Bey grabbed her bag and started towards the door. I grabbed her arm, "Beyoncé, stop it, you're not going anywhere. You're not in your right mind right now, how do I know you're not gonna hurt yourself, or worse?"

"You can't tell me what to fucking do, Shawn. You're better off without me anyway," she said, trying to wrestle out of my tight grip.

I wrapped both arms around her tightly, holding her still while I took her wallet and keys out of her bag. I don't think she'll make it very far without either of those.

"Let go, you're hurting me," she whined.

I picked her up moved her away from the door and stood in front of it so she couldn't get out. "Beyoncé, you know I'd never put my hands on you unless it's to protect you from yourself."

Suddenly, Maia began crying and Beyoncé and I just stared at each other.

"Can you move so I can go get my daughter?" she asked.

I shook my head, "The daughter you were just about to walk out on? Nah. I'll go take care of her, just stay here."

I opened the door and slammed it shut and walked down the hallway to Maia's room. If you had told me a year that this would be life right now, I never would've believed you, but things certainly change.

I picked Maia up from her crib and went down to the kitchen to make her a bottle. Beyoncé hasn't been able to make enough breastmilk anymore since she hasn't been eating, so we've been using formula half the time.

I rocked Maia in my arms as I fed her and my mind went in a million different directions. I couldn't believe Beyoncé was just going to leave. I should've seen it coming. I feel like there's so many things I should've done or could've done but never really knew the right thing at the time. All I know is that I never expected things to get this bad, and I definitely can't let them get any worse.

"Daddy, is mommy okay?" Malcolm asked, coming into the kitchen.

"We heard yelling," Marisa said, following behind him.

I bent down to their level, "Oh yeah, mommy is fine, we were just having a...discussion."

"What's a discussion?" Marisa asked.

I smiled, "We were just having a loud talk, baby, but everything is ok, don't you worry," I lied, "I have an idea, you two go pick out a movie and we'll all watch it together and make popcorn, okay?"

"Okay!" they said and ran off to pick a movie.

I finished feeding Maia and put her in her swing before going to check on Beyoncé.

I opened the bedroom door and her bag was still there but she was gone. The windows were shut, so I knew she didn't go out through there, and I think I would've noticed if she went out the front door because she would've had to go past me in the kitchen.

"Bey!" I called, again to no response. I noticed that the door of the bathroom connected to our bedroom was cracked open and the light was on so I figured she might be in there.

I opened the door and my heart dropped at what I saw.

Her in the bathtub, with her head under the bloody water.