Epilogue

Beyoncé's POV 5 years later

(A/N: Beyoncé and Shawn are 48, Skai and Brandon are 26/27, Marisa and Malcolm are 9, Giselle and Maia are 5).

"Mama I gotta tell you something," Skai said excitedly.

"What's up?" I asked.

"So....I'm pregnant!"

"Congratulations, baby!" I said standing up to give her a hug. "How far along?!"

"I just took the test this morning! You're the first person to know, besides Brandon," she said.

"As it should be," I smirked, sitting back down.

"So you know that means you better get on it if you wanna copy me and be pregnant at the same time again.

"Haaaaaaaaa," I laughed, "Baby, being pregnant at the same as you was one of the most special times of my life....but I am 48 years old and this uterus is closed for business."

Skai just laughed.

"So was Brandon excited?" I asked.

"Yeah...were both so excited. This is really perfect. I mean, you know Giselle wasn't exactly planned so it's not like we were in a rush to have another one...but we also wanted our kids to not be too far apart in age, and now that we're happily married and doing well in our careers...it's really perfect," she said smiling, looking down at the giant rock on her ring finger.

After his internship, Brandon was promoted and he is working full time with Roc Nation managing artists. Skai finished school the year after Giselle was born and has been working as a pediatric nurse ever since. She works in pediatric oncology at Mount Sinai, and even though it can be depressing at times, she loves the difference she can make in the lives of her patients and their families. She and Brandon have been going strong and got married about a year ago.

"That's great...I'm so happy for both of you," I chuckled.

"What's funny?" Skai asked curiously.

I put my hand over my mouth to stop my laughing, "Nothing it's just....you remember the first time I met Brandon?"

She lightly slapped my arm, "MOM, we said we'd never speak of that again!

I chuckled, "Oh come on it was funny. And plus I was honestly surprised he stuck around this long after that. But I'm glad he did, he's a good one."

"Eh, he's aight," Skai said sarcastically.

"Mommy, Grandma BB, look....we're just like you!" Giselle said as she and Maia came running down the hall all dressed up in some old dresses and heels I gave them to play around with. They loved playing dress up and make up, they always wanted to be just like me and Skai, it was too adorable.

I smiled, "You are, y'all look so beautiful!"

"Did you do that makeup all by yourself?!" Skai asked them.

"Yeah, do you like it?" Maia asked, making fish lips to show off her very sloppy lip gloss.

"It looks amazing, girls!" Skai said.