♡10♡

➖➖Wattpad: Update, New chapter on "Hearts Connection." Would you like to read it?
       Yes              No
       You have selected to read

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
I had gotten off my shift and walked along the street, wanting to get home. I walked to my door surprised to see Colby.

"Hi Colby, why are you here?" I asked.

"I got bored and came over. Then I realized you weren't home so I waited," he said. I went in front of him and gave him a hug and he happily returned it.

"How long have you been here?" I asked,

"Only a few minutes," he said into my hair.

I back up from the hug and unlock the door after he steps inside I lock the door. I walk to the kitchen putting something into the microwave. As I stand there and wait I feel a pair arms of arms snake around my waist and a chin rest on my head. I blush feeling this happen.

"C-Colby," I stutter out.

"Hmm?" He responds with rocking the two of us back and forth.

"What're you doing?" I ask.

"I dunno," he says. I stand there and wait for my food. It finally finishes and I try to escape his grip.

"Let me go," I said.

"Why?" He asks.

"I haven't eaten anything today," I said, he immediately let's go.

I get my food and sit on a barstool starting to eat. Colby sits beside me scrolling though stuff on his phone. When I finish eating I put my dish in the sink and walk to the balcony. Am arm goes around my shoulders, I look to the side of me and see Colby.

I watch As people and cars pass by. The lights just pass by quickly. The road is lit with street lights and you can hear distant conversations. I look up to the sky and see the dim stars, thinking of what they looked like back in my home town. I brace my head on Colby while I think of an event back in my hometown.

"Come on Luna!" Dustin said.

"Fine," I gave in following him out his door.

We were having a sleepover at his house, even though we were 15 and 16. His mom was always okay with us doing this.

He leads me along the deserted streets of his neighborhood. We passed by the lake in our town as we continued walking, a cool breeze blew by making me shiver.

"It's not that cold," he says.

"Says the one with a jacket," I said.

He hand his jacket over to me and I excepted it. He continued leading me to a place I didn't know.

"Dustin please tell me where we're going," I said.

"You'll see," he said flashing me a smile and in the dim light I saw is blue eyes and light freckles. I continued to follow and then he said, "Close your eyes."

I listened and he held my hand leading me. I felt the ground slowly elevate and then he said, "Ok open your eyes now."

I opened my eyes to see our town in the distance and we were on a hill getting an overview of the town. The light shimmered in the lake making it even more beautiful. I look up to the sky to see the stars splattered across the sky vibrantly. The moon showing only half its beauty.

"Dustin this is amazing!" I exclaimed.

"And you're the one who didn't want to come," he said jokingly.

"Shut up," I said playfully pushing him. I sat down looking at the star twinkling beautifully.

"This is so beautiful," I said. I heard him mumble, "But not as much as you."

"Wait, what?" I asked.

Even in the dimmed light his blush was visible. I smiled at his embarrassment. I placed my head on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around me. I looked to his face and he repeated my action.

We both slowly started to lean in.

"Luna!" Colby said.

"Gah!" I said getting scared.

"Sorry, but you weren't answering," he said,

"It's fine," I said.

"I was asking are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, just thinking," I said looking at the stars again.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked.

"A memory with a childhood friend," I said. I turn to go inside and sit on my bed, I look at my phone. Colby sat beside me but I move so he can't see my phone.

"Hey," He says.

"Yeah?" I asks.

"Why are you not allowing me to see your phone?" He asked.

"Cause, I don't want you to see it," I said. I go to my text messages and go to the contact titled: Dustin❤️.

Luna:
Dusty!
8:37 pm

Dustin❤️:
Been long enough
8:38 pm

Luna:
Shut up!
8:38 pm

Dustin❤️:
So how's LA?
8:38 pm

Luna:
Good I'm about to finish college!
8:39 pm

Dustin❤️:
Congrats! 🎊
8:40 pm

Luna:
So how've you been?
8:41 pm

Dustin❤️:
Amazing! My gf and I have been exploring around the side of the town that is quite... interesting
8:42 pm

Dustin❤️  changed to Dustin💔 😔

Luna:
Bye, Dustin.
8:45 pm

Dustin💔 😔:
Wait what?
8:45 pm

Dustin💔 😔:
Luna!
8:47 pm

Dustin💔😔:
Luna Relic Trooker answer me!
8:49 pm

I sigh and shut my phone off. I get up and put it on the charger before sitting back down. I place my head on Colby's arm. A few minutes later his phone shows that Sam wanted to FaceTime. I got off his arm and lay down. Colby answered and saw both Sam and Kat.

"Hey, man!" Sam said.

"Hey!" Colby said back.

"Where you at?" Sam asked.

"A friend's," Colby answered.

"So what're you doing?" Kat asked.

"Nothing much. Just sitting and on my phone," Colby said.

"Well, I'll leave you be," Sam said.

"Night," Colby says and Sam says it back before its ended.

Colby lays beside me and looks to my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing," I said.

He pulls me into his embrace putting his chin on the top of my head.

"Clearly not," he said,

"Don't worry about it," I say before yawning.

He holds me tightly letting silence fill the air. I soon hear a soft snoring and I follow along into a slumber.

You have finished a chapter on "Hearts Connection." Feedback?
Next chapter: L O A D I N G . . .