♡20♡

➖➖Wattpad: Update, New chapter on "Hearts Connection." Would you like to read it?
       Yes              No
       You have selected to read

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
Tara was having her 19th birthday and it was a pool party under the theme of Sponge Bob. Her actual birthday was tomorrow and we would be doing a separate party for that. Devyn tried to get me to try in a bathing suit she had, but scars lingered my arms from past events.

I tried on a dark blue and black one-piece that she had. I never really look at myself in the mirror and I even forgot myself I had two tattoos. I had been in the bathroom for a few minutes then Devyn said, "You Ok?" From the other side, I heard her.

"Yeah," I said and took another few moments looking in the mirror then stepping out. Devyn had her eyes on me, first on the tattoos then the scars.

"You look amazing," she said with a smile. I couldn't help but smile back.

"You never told me you had tattoos," she said. They were at the top of my arm on either side.

"No one of my friends knows until now," I said.

"Can you explain them?" She asked.

I had explained it to her and she looked like she wanted to cry. "Don't ever again," she said with her voice cracking.

"I never will again," I said before hugging her.

I was sitting on the chair thing beside the pool with the jacket Colby gave me the first time we met, I had flipped the hood up. I was on my phone, scrolling through random things. Someone walked up to me and I looked up to see Colby standing there. He had water all over him and looked at me with a hint of concern.

"Why Don't you come in?" He asked. I had a few reasons not to.

"I don't wanna take the jacket off," I said.

"I'm sure you'll look good," he said with smile. This is where I had to use the thing I was partially ashamed of.

"I never learned to swim," I said honestly.

"What?" He said questionably.

"I never learned to swim," I repeated. He sat beside me on the other chair. "Go and have fun, don't let me hold you back."

"But I want you to have fun," Colby responded with a pouty face.

"I'm fine over here," I said smiling.

"At least take the jacket off. It's hot out here!" Colby said.

"Colby I'm fine," I said.

"Come on and do something fun, please?" He said.

"I'm okay over here. Now go hang out with everyone else," I said to him. He sighed in defeat before going back in the pool. Devyn came by to me and we had a conversation about random topics.

"So your just gonna stay here?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm not ready to show my body," I said.

"One more question. Will you ever get more tattoos?"

"Maybe one or two more," I said. She nodded her head and waved before walking away.

That night was Pizza Night at Sam's place. I'd only been once and I was invited by Sam. I had walked into the bathroom and locked it. I lifted the my hoodie, the one Devyn got me the first time I met her, I took it off, exposing my t-shirt. I lifted the sleeve on my right and looked into the mirror. It was a square with a picture of the Colorado Street Bridge, it's nickname was Suicide Bridge. On the top outside the square was, csb. Below the square was, 'sb.' I turned and lifted the other sleeve revealing the simple tree and on one side said, Leo. The other side said, Greyson. Both important people in my life.

I put the hoodie back on and did my business before walking out. I was walking to the couch when Mike stopped me.

"Hey Luna," He said placing a hand in my shoulder to grab my attention.

"Hey Mike," I said turning to him and smiling.

"Have you grabbed any pizza yet?" He asked.

"No—" I began.

"I'll grab you one. Go sit on the couch," he said. I was about to decline but he had already walked off.

I saw an open spot beside Colby on the couch so I sat there. It's hard to think because of the music and talking. In a minute, Mike had returned and handed me a slice of pizza on a small plate. I smiled and thanked him, even though I wasn't hungry.

Colby had a drink in his hand and I wasn't sure of the substance until he accidentally splashed some on me turning to talk to Sam. It was whiskey, I didn't like alcohol and I'm underage.

"Oh sorry," Colby said without much care then went to talking to Sam.

I was upset, this was the hoodie Devyn bought me. The time where we had hung out at the mall. I didn't show I was upset, I was afraid too. So I just nibbled on my pizza, trying to ignore everything around me. When I only had the crust left Colby stood up and said, "Alright me and Luna are gonna head out."

I mean he did bring me here but that didn't give him the right to force me out of a place.

"Luna come on!" He said with some anger.

I was to scared to rebel against so I stood up. He tossed his red cup on the way out and I quickly finished the pizza crust on the short walk to his door, it was to late to walk on the streets for me.

He and I sat on the couch, both of us on opposite ends. He mindlessly scrolled through the TV and I just had my eyes on my hands. Colby cleared his thought and looked at him. He had his arms open for a hug. I looked at his arms, then his face, and back to his arms.

"Fine be that way," he mumbled with anger after his arms were down.

You have finished a chapter on "Hearts Connection." Feedback?
Next chapter: L O A D I N G . . .