♡34♡

➖➖Wattpad: Update, New chapter on "Hearts Connection." Would you like to read it?
       Yes              No
       You have selected to read

This is the last actual chapter. The next "chapter" will be facts about me, the book, and books to come. Enjoy.

💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤
A few years pass by, Colby and I are still in LA. My 26 birthday had just passed. Sam and Kat were now engaged, the wedding in a couple months from now.

I was getting ready for a "date" with Colby. I've been told it's a lot more important than the other dates we've been on. I finish getting on my small bit of jewelry. I walk out and see Colby adjusting the collar of his shirt. I walk behind him and hug him. He turns around and smiles.

"You look beautiful, like normal."

"And you look handsome," I say hugging him again.

"Ready to go?" I hum in response. "Let's go!"

We go to the car and he starts to drive. We arrive at a beach area and our friend group is there. We greet each other and then we walk around laughing and eating the foods that was set up. Then Colby brought me to an area in front of the friend group. I saw some of our friends take their phone out.

Colby bent down on one knee smiling at me.

"Luna I've loved you like no other person I've met. I knew from the moment I met you in the café with Sam we would be something. I knew I wouldn't regret asking you to join us and me coming back almost everyday." He took a small box out of his pocket and opened it. "Luna Relic Trooker, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Colby asked.

I started to tear up and nodded my head. He took my hand and slipped the ring on. I pulled him up quickly and gave him the biggest hug I could. He hugged around my waist. I knew our friends were clapping but everything around us seemed to dissolve. It felt like we were the only two things, just like our first kiss on our first date.

He leaned closer, and in instinct, I did the same. Until our lips touch, it lasted only a few moments  everything but him and I disappeared. When our lips departed I was a blushing mess and and he chuckled at that. He smiled and I did to.

Everyone started clapping for us. Colby lunged at me and picked me up, twirling us around. We both started laughing as he spun me around.

💙✖️✖️✖️🖤
Years later, I'm 35 and have twins, Katelyn and Jack. Katie is into art and Jack loves puzzles and learn how things work. They are both 7 and we're currently on vacation from Kansas to be in Los Angels again. We got off the plane yesterday and we're at breakfast.

"Mommy?" Katelyn asks.

"Yes Katie?" I ask smiling.

She shuts her sketchbook and asks, "You said we were coming to this café for a reason, why is that?"

I look at Colby and smile. "This is where me and your dad met. This café." I think back to that day and tell them.

I had almost finished my shift and I was playing with the bracelet to where no one could see. Someone walked up to the counter and I responded, "Welcome to The Café, what could I get you?" I didn't look to their face, I heard their voice though. "Two coffees, one black the other vanilla." Their voice was familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Will that be it?" I asked looking at them, then it struck me. Colby Brock. I assume I had shock on my face when I realized because he asked, "You okay there?" I put my hands on the counter, "Yes, I'm ok." He looked at my XPLR bracelet and smiled. I forgot it was in my hand...

"Could I add to that order?" He asked with a smile still on his face.

"Sure," I said.

"Your favorite beverage and a place to sit with Sam and I," he said casually. I was surprised for a moment before I added to his order. "How much?" He asked.

"On the house," I said with a smile.

I was smiling at the end of it. "What happened after that?" Katelyn asked.

"I sat with him and Uncle Sam," I said.

"That was 15 years ago," Colby said dumbfounded.

"Guess it really was a Hearts Connection," I said smiling.

"Guess so," he said smiling back, putting an arm around both of my shoulders. We both look at each other than Katelyn and Jack.

It really was a Hearts Connection, to think how many things had to go right or wrong to bring us to this moment. If I'd never worn that bracelet, if I'd never agreed, if I'd never worked at a cafe, if I never ran away from home, if my mom never was like how she was on me, if Dustin had never betrayed me.

You have finished a chapter on "Hearts Connection." Feedback?
You have officially finished "Hearts Connection" by moonlightsblue. Feedback?

—————————————————————

hєαrts cσnnєctíσn   💙✖︎✖︎✖︎🖤 by moonlightsblue