Marvin and Robbie ~ Speech Lessons

"...Ever...one...?", Robbie spoke, trying to say a word.

"Almost, Robbie," Marvin told him. "It's pronounced 'ev-er-ē-one'."

"Ev...one?", the zombie struggled to say the word. His cheeks got a bit red with anger as he kept trying.

Marvin got concerned. "It's okay if you can't pronounce it right as of now... Let's try another one."

Marvin made a word card appear in front of Robbie with the word "quality." The zombie studied the card before attempting to pronounce it.

"Qual...ity...", he said. "Quality."

Marvin smiled at him. "Good job!"

The card flipped over to show another word; "desperate."

"Des...perāte...?", Robbie looked at Marvin.

"The a is short," the magician informed him.

Robbie understood and tried again. Marvin smiled at how much Robbie is learning and progressing. His speech was getting better each time he has his lessons.

"Alright, let's go on to sentences," Marvin said.

He made a card appear with a sentence; "Hate is a strong word."

Robbie read the card and huffed a bit as he prepared to speak. "Hate is...a strong...word."

"Good," Marvin remarked. "Wanna try it again?"

Robbie nodded and looked at the sentence again. "Hate is a...strong word."

The magician nodded at him. He's glad the zombie really tries to improve his speech.

"Hate is a strong word," Robbie spoke and smiles a bit.

Marvin lightly applauded him and smiled. He then flipped the card to reveal another sentence.

After an hour and a half, Robbie spoke 26 sentences fluently. His vocabulary also improved to learning 15 new words. The zombie was proud of himself and hugged Marvin.

"Thank you, Marv," Robbie said to him.

"No problem," Marvin replied. "I'm glad I get to help you get better."