Part 5, Section 7

Before sun rise, I got up and made my way to the map room. There was no one around yet. I was preparing myself. Afterwards, I was calculating patterns.

I was faced with a display of the maze and found out that we had only ventured a quarter part of the maze.

I was in the middle of calculating when I suddenly heard the door crack open. It was Newt.

"Hey come on over," I greeted him.

"Anything good today?" he asked as he took some things to prepare.

"Not really," I finished off calculating and cleaned up.

"Well let's just hope today is kind," he had also finished preparing.

I looked his way and nodded. Newt was always bringing happiness around. I don't think he actually meant on being so positive but he just is.

Not long after Newt's arrival, the other runners came rushing in to receive their task and supplies.

After everything was all packed and ready to go, we waited in front of the door. Some were chatting and some were stretching. "Guys get ready!" I signaled.

The doors were opening and one by one the runners ran in.

I went in last and chose to go a total different way today. Instead of running left, I ran right. I made every opposite turns. I stopped and grabbed my pen and paper. I also had breadcrumbs and threw them on the floor as a mark.

I was basically running then stopping to draw or write something then moving on. I repeated this along the way.

After quite a long run, I leaned on a wall and grabbed some food and water. I looked around and started remembering Paula's smile and how she always ran next to me. How she always laughed at me for being the shank I am. To me she was pure beauty. I was smiling like an idiot to myself.

I finished off my food and left my constant spot and ran again. It was pretty scary to run places I've never been before. It was unexpected.

I then ran to a huge opening and saw huge blade-like pillars all lined up. "Wow..."

I walked through the blades and drew every thing that was there, even though they were only lined up blades.

I scanned through every part of the blades. It was fascinating finding something new.

I looked up to the walls surrounding the blades when I suddenly saw a writing on a further wall. I ran as if the writing was about to disappeared.

I was finally close to viewing the writing. I looked up and saw a huge writing that said "SECTION 7,WCKED"

Section 7? This is new.