Part 13, Devastated

"Paula!"

There was no one around the forest but I screamed her name anyway. My whole body was now hectic. I was too tired of running, too tired of the feelings I had and too tired of my heart racing all the shucking time.

By Frypan's I could only spot some gladers catching up, eating last batches of food. I ran again, now towards the homestead.

It was pretty obvious that it was crowded. But they were crowding in a huddle. Watching something. Blurting out screams and words that didn't mean a thing. "Shut the Klunk!" I broke their voices out, leaving no one talking except the sound of sniffs and small cries.

I made my way through the sea of gladers and finally saw her. She was on the ground with her legs on her chest. Her left hand was hugging her legs and the right with a knife pointed towards her.

"Paula?"

Her face was fully red. There were some blood dripping on her cheeks. Her eyes looked burnt out from crying. Tears kept streaming down her face.

"Please don't do this........ Wicked is good...... Please..... Believe me......" Her voice sounded as if she was pleading for mercy. Her right hand was shaking and so was the knife.

I was now kneeling before her. Her eyes were dark. This could not be her.

"Paula please put the knife down... Let's talk about this...."
"No!" The knife was now pointing towards me. I backed away and slowly raised both hands.
Her lips tremor as if she was trying to hold back her words.
"Paula please... it's me... Minho...."
"You don't understand do you?! Wicked.... Wicked is me.... This is not me!" She started sobbing as she finished her sentence.

I couldn't grasp what this all meant. "Paula what does this mean? What are you trying to proof?!" I was now devastated. I raised my voice and tears started pouring down as I blurted out, "Please remember me....."

Her expression was provoked as she heard the words I said. Tension grew as she screamed and threw the knife on the floor.

I closed my ears as the knife clattered on the floor. I witnessed as her eyes turned back to normal. She looked utterly startled as she scanned the whole room.

All of a sudden, she stood up. She was submissive. Guilt creeped up on her as she spotted me kneeling on the floor. She gasped as she then spotted the knife.

I stayed still and quite. Not knowing what I had to possibly do.

"Everybody out now!"

It was Alby. I could hear footsteps skidding around. A hand reached down for me. Picking me up on my feet. Right by my side were both Alby and Kaya.

"You okay?" Kaya reached out to me.

I nodded and let myself free from both of them. Paula was still stood infront of me. Crying. Covering her mouth as the guilt she was feeling destroyed her.

"I'm sorry..... I didn't know what was going on..... I just..... I was under control....." She meant it I could tell but right now I was not up to any of this. I stared into her eyes and turned my back on her, making my way towards the door.

"Minho please.... I just.... I'm sorry... Minho?" She continued crying.

I looked back and had a glimpse of Kaya hugging her, calming her down.

"Minho wait," Alby said.

I rushed for the door. I was now in tears again. I grab hold of the door and shut it behind me.

I was now running. My feet were now weary. I threw myself on the ground and screamed. I sobbed loudly. Forgetting the world around me.

I felt unconscious as the world around me starts to blur out. I shut my eyes and fell into a void.