Chapter 16: Wondering...

Where did it all go wrong?

I found myself standing on the sidewalk bordering the courtyard of Sweet Amoris High School. What? School...why am I...? From what I'd remembered, I had just passed out at a hospital not too long ago...and now I was at school?

Weird...

Out of curiosity, I stepped onto the courtyard, making my way towards the high school. Maybe I can find out what's going on...

As I walked towards the school, I noticed that everything was tinted into a light blue. It was really strange, but I decided to keep on going. And then I saw...Castiel?

Castiel was standing by that same tree like he usually does. The look on his face just seemed so...uninterested.

Weird...I could have sworn I had that exact same thought somewhere before...

"Castiel!" I called out to him, but...no response. I called for him again. Nothing. I walked up in front of him and spoke again, but still nothing. He was looking right at me, and yet...he wasn't looking at me. The longer I stood there, the more it seemed...he was looking through me.

He can't hear me...

He can't SEE me...

I was seriously starting to freak out now...

What in the world is going on?!

Castiel's Point Of View

"Slim!" I skid to the ground and shook her, but no response. I immediately let go and burst out the door to find a nurse; a doctor; SOMEONE. I ran through the hallways...

What just happened?! She seemed fine just a moment ago, and then she collapsed?! What's going on?!

I practically smashed in every door in the hallway trying to find someone who could help her. And then out of nowhere, I heard someone running after me. "Hey! You can't do that here! Who do you think you are?!" The person behind me was shouting some kind of nonsense; who did they think THEY were?! I spun around and yanked him by the collar.

"Shut up! Listen buddy, you've got some nerve! I have a girlfriend who JUST collapsed up there and I can't find ANYBODY to help her! So it's either YOU take a look at her, or I kick your teeth in! Which is it?!"

Needless to say, I convinced him to help Slim.

As soon as we got back to the room, the nurse...doctor...WHATEVER he was, helped me get her onto a bed and then examined her.

"Hmm...and she just...collapsed?"

I nodded. "Yeah...I don't know what's wrong with her..."

Other than the fact that she's three-timing me...Agh, what am I thinking?! She could be in serious danger!

"Well her condition isn't too serious...it seems that she's just passed out from exhaustion."

"What?! But that's not serious at all!" I snapped back at him.

So much for serious danger! I swear to God, Slim, when you wake up...!

"Son, it IS serious. Don't underestimate the effect this could have had on her. When's the last time she slept?"

"Uh, I dunno..." I sighed, and glanced at the clock. 7:00 p.m.

Let's see...it's seven, and she hasn't slept ALL day, nor did she get much last night...she woke up at about 8...I think...it's so hard to remember! Ok, calm down. Assuming she woke up at 8 this morning...and given the fact that we fell asleep at about 5...at least, that's when I fell asleep; I have no idea when SHE did!"